My family is getting tired of seeing my soaps on IG…

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Mobjack Bay

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks @Guspuppy @Bubble Agent and @cmzaha ❤

Yes on the Oregon Trails Peche de Vigne smelling nicely peachy. I bought that FO along with about ten others based on the recommendations in this thread: link

@cmzaha Thanks! I will make a note for the next time I order that FO. I don’t recall visiting that supplier’s website before. What other FOs do you like you from them?

Bubble Agent

Reaction score

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you @earlene, I learned something new today.

I went to their site, and they ship overseas, but they won`t disclose the shippingquote untill I actually place an order. Eeep, a bit too risky for me... But it sounds delishious though🤔
Yes, I understand that! I won't do business with a company that doesn't disclose shipment costs prior to purchase. Sad, but I refuse to take that risk of unexpected costs.

Bubble Agent

Reaction score
Yes, I understand that! I won't do business with a company that doesn't disclose shipment costs prior to purchase. Sad, but I refuse to take that risk of unexpected costs.
I know, and I am questioning if this is way to discourage international customers from ordering from them :smallshrug:

They also charge an extra $5 for for those who live outside the Americas. I shop at Nurture soap and The Flaming candle, and neither of them does this. I would be OK with it if Oregon T. were open about their shipping charge, I mean, others are able to? But I don`t think any fragrance oils is worth that type of risk. Some places I have never shopped from, because they charge $150 in shipping for an 1oz sample. Which tells me they don`t want my business either.

Hmmm, this Peche de Vigne fragrance has gotten me well intrigued now! I may email Carrie over at Nurture to hear if this is something she could think about adding to her selection. I know she test new fragrances a year before new ones is offered! I`ll better crack on so no more time is wasted, lol.
Almost all my CPSR approved soaps has her fragrance oils, and I love them all, stickers all of them. 3 are from Flaming candle, because Carrie doesn`t offer those types.

Yup, I think I am going to do that!

(Oh, Caaaarriiiie...🗣)

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@cmzaha Thanks! I will make a note for the next time I order that FO. I don’t recall visiting that supplier’s website before. What other FOs do you like you from them?
[/QUOTE]
I Love her Caribbean Coconut although it is tricky to work with. It overheats badly. Soap extremely cool, chill your mold, and set on a rack with fans to slow down the heating issue. Also, use a lye concentration at least 35%. A smaller batch, under 5 lb might work best. But this Coconut is worth the trouble.
Almond Milk & Honey,
LiLac my customers loved it mixed with Lavender or straight. Will accelerate
White Ginger & Amber
Pink Sugar
Pumpkin Spice
Salty Sea Air
Mediterranean Olive
Oatmeal Milk and Honey
I loved Blue Bonnet but was not a good seller. It stuck well in soap. In fact I just found some that are at least 5 yrs old and still smell good.

The ones above are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. The Iced Orange Pineapple, Island Kiss, Fruitopia, Island Kiss, and the Mandarian all smell delicious but I did not find they hold a long time in soap, but are beautiful in lotions and balms.

I love purchasing from small suppliers and Paige is a sweetheart. She also has fast shipping and it is flat rate.

KiwiMoose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Why don't you open an instagram professional account, and put your soap picks on that one? Then you can keep your personal account just for your dinner and pet photos 🙃

Carly B

Reaction score
Thanks @Guspuppy @Bubble Agent and @cmzaha ❤

Yes on the Oregon Trails Peche de Vigne smelling nicely peachy. I bought that FO along with about ten others based on the recommendations in this thread: link

@Mobjack Bay ,how much Peche de Vigne did you use? I bought some based on the same recommendations, and the fragrance OOB is so weak I barely smell anything, let alone peaches. I haven't used it yet.

Mobjack Bay

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
@Mobjack Bay ,how much Peche de Vigne did you use? I bought some based on the same recommendations, and the fragrance OOB is so weak I barely smell anything, let alone peaches. I haven't used it yet.
I like scents on the lighter side, but went with 5% based on a couple of comments about the fragrance being weaker. My two week old soap smells nicely peachy, like smelling a cut peach, with no floral notes. The other soap sniffer in my house just gave it a thumbs up on peachiness.

@Basil ❤

Cheeky Goat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Why don't you open an instagram professional account, and put your soap picks on that one? Then you can keep your personal account just for your dinner and pet photos 🙃
Came here to say this!
I have 2 accounts. One for my soap, one for me. (The cats and horses also have their own accounts 🥰🧐)