My Espresso Brownie Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amymisha

Reaction score
Right now I live in Asheville, NC. Moving to Richm
So, this batch was the first batch I made with coffee. I made it with espresso ground coffee, very, very finely ground from Asheville Coffee Roasters. The people who own it are my pals.

When I originally made it I didn't use any fragrance oil. It's a goat's milk CP soap and it wasn't horrible, but I wanted it to smell coffeeish. So I rebatched it (first time trying that!) and added Turkish Mocha FO from Brambleberry.

As I rebatched it, it turned this gorgeous brownie color. I used 6 inch square molds. Dusted the top with some copper mica. It smells like espresso brownie. And looks like it too!!

I've given away every bar. My friends went bananas for it. :)

My photography skills need a lot of work, obviously!

I'm in love with this. Not sure if I could duplicate it if I tried! It was a total accident/learning experience.

chocolate brownie soap.jpg

Oh goodness. Thats beautiful - the copper mica reminds me of that bit of crunchiness on the top of a brownie mmm. I love it when the unexpected happens and it turns out nicer than what I was planning.

Amazing work! I wish my first coffee soap bars looked like that!

Back