Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100% coconut oil, 20% SF and goats milk. I live in the tropics, and coconut oil is easy to find. other oils and butters, like avocado, palm, shea, cocoa, etc are close to impossible to find, and SUPER expensive.

Wow thats an amazing recipe.. I really love goats milk. Did u replace water with goats milk in mixing it with lye? By the way i live in tropical place too, we have alot of coconuts around here. Even in our backyard we still have coconut trees. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Yes, you can use pomace. Thats what I would use but regular OO is always on sale somewhere so I use it. Its hard to say if whipped butter will be too greasy for you, best to make a very small amount and see how it feels. I don't like real heavy creams most of the time so I make extra thick lotion instead.
I also really, really like plain coconut oil for the skin. I rub it all over, face, body, lips, eyelids, even on my hair. It feels wonderful and soaks in quickly, maybe give it a try and see how it feels.

Wow thats an amazing recipe.. I really love goats milk. Did u replace water with goats milk in mixing it with lye? By the way i live in tropical place too, we have alot of coconuts around here. Even in our backyard we still have coconut trees. Lol

hi, yea! instead of water, I used goats milk. freeze the milk first, and make sure it doesn't overheat (have an ice bath nearby in case you need to cool off the lye mixture). I have coconuts falling in my backyard too. hehe.

Back