My creepy spiders

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of my more unusual pets.

There is gertrude my black widow then a couple tarantuals.
There are 4 in one cage, only one species of tarantula can be kept communal. They are all named stanley, proper name of Monocentropus balfouri.

@AliOop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220914-034718_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220914-034718_Gallery.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220926_125614.jpg
    20220926_125614.jpg
    696 KB · Views: 0
Black widows are morbidly beautiful to me... something about their shiny black exoskeletons. That doesn't mean I want them in my garage tho. :nonono:😄

A couple more. The one on the red cup is a mexican fire leg, she is just a baby. Once mature, her legs will be a vivid orange.

The other is a golden blue leg baboon. They are a temperamental species with a more potent venom. Luckly they are shy and mostly run and hide

Attachments

• 20221011_101703.jpg
    20221011_101703.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221011_101728.jpg
    20221011_101728.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Why did I look at this thread? It even said spiders in the title so I should have known not to look LOL.

I am still recovering from a spider bite on my finger. I got it at home while digging in my raised garden box without gloves. I didn't see it but I knew instantly that it was more than an ant bite. I went to work that night and asked the ER doc to look at it. At first he's like "everybody thinks its a spider bite, let me see". I showed it to him and he starts laughing, "yeah thats a spider bite".

It took sooooo long to start healing. I am traumatized lol.

Why did I look at this thread? It even said spiders in the title so I should have known not to look LOL.

I am still recovering from a spider bite on my finger. I got it at home while digging in my raised garden box without gloves. I didn't see it but I knew instantly that it was more than an ant bite. I went to work that night and asked the ER doc to look at it. At first he's like "everybody thinks its a spider bite, let me see". I showed it to him and he starts laughing, "yeah thats a spider bite".

It took sooooo long to start healing. I am traumatized lol.
I had a spider bit on my hip years ago, took a long time to heal.
Never been bit by a tarantula, I make sure to keep my fingers away from any fiesty ones

I had a spider bit on my hip years ago, took a long time to heal.
Never been bit by a tarantula, I make sure to keep my fingers away from any fiesty ones
I have spiders. Oh my lord I have spiders. I don't know what they are, but they lay eggs everywhere on my porch, hanging from my ceiling. They look like little green peas hanging. I whacked one of the pods off with a broom one time and all these thousands of babies came flying out. My exterminator for the lawn assures me that they are harmless and "good spiders". OK I guess, until I got bit.

And they have a brain. Smart little suckers. I used to be creeped out by killing them, but not anymore lol. But if I see one...he will literally move and dodge me like he is on a basketball court.

I slam my shoes on the floor upside down to make sure they aren't in there before I put my feet in. I lift the blanket and shake before I get into bed. I saw one crawling into the kitchen drawer the other day before I started doing dishes, I'm like "nope, not doing dishes today". When I finally got over it, I turned my dish gloves inside out to make sure there wasn't anything in them, and stood like a foot away from the sink so my shirt wasn't touching the cabinet.

I am definitely petrified by spiders. I broke a lease once in Philly and moved out because of them.

I have been in FL for 15 years now...they need to rename the state the bug capital of the world. Nothing else bothers me more than spiders though. I can't even get a picture of one to ID it because they are so freakin fast.

I don't know what a little green pea spider is but I can say they are harmless. There are only a few venomous species in the US and none are green.
That being said, I don't care for them in the house either. I do try to catch them and put outside.

@Kiti Williams I never have liked wolf spiders, idk why. Maybe it because they are the ones I always have to remove from the bathtub. My favorite are jumpers, want to get one once its warm enough for shipping

I have spiders. Oh my lord I have spiders. I don't know what they are, but they lay eggs everywhere on my porch, hanging from my ceiling. They look like little green peas hanging. I whacked one of the pods off with a broom one time and all these thousands of babies came flying out. My exterminator for the lawn assures me that they are harmless and "good spiders". OK I guess, until I got bit.

And they have a brain. Smart little suckers. I used to be creeped out by killing them, but not anymore lol. But if I see one...he will literally move and dodge me like he is on a basketball court.

I slam my shoes on the floor upside down to make sure they aren't in there before I put my feet in. I lift the blanket and shake before I get into bed. I saw one crawling into the kitchen drawer the other day before I started doing dishes, I'm like "nope, not doing dishes today". When I finally got over it, I turned my dish gloves inside out to make sure there wasn't anything in them, and stood like a foot away from the sink so my shirt wasn't touching the cabinet.

I am definitely petrified by spiders. I broke a lease once in Philly and moved out because of them.

I have been in FL for 15 years now...they need to rename the state the bug capital of the world. Nothing else bothers me more than spiders though. I can't even get a picture of one to ID it because they are so freakin fast.
Ummm, ?thanks? @Catscankim - my retirement destination will NOT be FL based on your story - nope, not gonna happen lol. 😂

Thanks for sharing, @Obsidian - not a fan of spiders but can’t help but look - they can’t get me from over here, right? 🤣

🌸

Back