My CP soap - picture is worth thousand words ...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexandra

Reaction score
Well.... here it is...

Everything went OK except the points you can see on the top... in fact the orange spots around the crushed dried menta leaves, which happened two seconds after I put crushed menta on top (and I add it ONLY for interest...) . As you can see ... there are no orange spots trough the rest of the soap.

About consistency... it was great first 5 days of curing and than it started to crack in the midle of some pieces. The soap is not crumbly at all, it makes great creamy lather, but - it has this tectonic cracks and this orange spots.

Does it mean that I should not put dried leaves in CP soap (cause of NaOH) any more? :?

And... why it started to crack.... :cry:

Gorgeous! I love the colors and the design! I can't answer any of your questions but I can say that if your additives are bleeding out it just builds character and uniqueness to this batch. Like I said I love it.

I dont see any orange spots, other than locally, right around the ground leaves. This happens basically because the color bleeds out of the leaves and they sort of cook with the heat of the saponification process...its not neccessarily bad... I love adding dried herbs to my soaps...

Very nice looking soaps

Oh... that sounds really encouraging... :D

Thank you for support....

And I was thinking about rebatch....

I forgot to tell you... this is Lavanda - Palmarossa EOs soap... It smell so gentle... just great... so I am really happy now knowing that I can just leave it to cure :lol: ... Huh....

:)... it happens every time i add herbs if that makes ya feel better...its kinda like one of those things to just embrace yanno :)...

you did an absolutely marvelous job for a first attempt!...

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwonderful :) looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

That soap looks AWESOME! I like the colour of the leaves on top,and you even got a textured top in! It really does look great.Congrats on a most successful 1st batch. 8)

Thank you gekko :D

This is my first CP BATCH, but not first batch at all.

Till now I was making only HP, and sure I gained some experience I used here.

Frankly speaking, I would never dare to make without help of this forum. I have read so much useful things here and every thing members wrote here helped me a lot.

Alexandra said:
Thank you gekko :D

This is my first CP BATCH, but not first batch at all.

Till now I was making only HP, and sure I gained some experience I used here.

Frankly speaking, I would never dare to make without help of this forum. I have read so much useful things here and every thing members wrote here helped me a lot.

Ditto! Im right there with you! I wouldnt know my head from my foot with soap/craft making if it wasnt for this forum and its awesome members

Absolutely wonderful!!! DO NOT REBATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you zap tested it yet?

I think they're gorgeous, and even more so being your first soap!

wookie130 said:
Absolutely wonderful!!! DO NOT REBATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you zap tested it yet?

I think they're gorgeous, and even more so being your first soap!

Well... I haven't made zap test, I make the zap test only on my HP soaps.

But I did wash my hands with... it is smooth, creamy, soothing.... But I still can feel NaOH. So I put one small piece on the tester (oily surface with some chemicals), so I can watch saponification in progress. I guess for one week or so my soap will be safe for use, but still need few weeks to cure completely.

Latest posts

Back