My Coconut "lunch" soap - Green Irish Scented

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MySoapyHeart

Bee Happy
Reaction score
Oh dear...
This is the soap I stickblended way too much, and got that lovely puddin` I talked about in the soapymistakes thread.

Here is the result, and what I notice in the pictures, is that this soap looks like is is made out of green layered glop and salami.
Perhaps a meatball or two thrown in there too. How...lovely:sick:

I feel like Urkel - "did I do that...??"

Looks terrible, but at least it smells incredible. The red in the soap are more pink IRL (which doesn`t help exactly)

I will pretend the green are symbolic for salad, and the red/pink the meats, and call it "Lettuce have lunch".

If someone asks I will say, oh yeees, absolutely, I meant to do that...*cough*

DSC01380.jpg

Irish green.jpg

2.jpg

Lol, thank you so much for trying to comfort me, it helped when you said "cartoony". I will focus on that instead of the salami:mrgreen:

Thanks, those were really similar colors too!

Perhaps I can pretend I was aiming for that look instead:mrgreen:

I like those colours just not in one solid soap, maybe.
Personally, I would grate this soap up and use it mixed in with part of a new mix. There are some incredible confetti soaps and your colours are exactly what you need.

I would grate it finer than in this photo and place it maybe in part of the soap but just as delicately as this:

image.jpeg

Soap curls.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's fun looking. The red looks a little orange to me - but that's my favorite color!

Thank you snappyllama, In the beginning it was red/pink`ish, now it starts to move more towards a salmon pink, although that doesn`t really translates into the pictures, I think the flash twist the color a bit. Orange is such a perky color. I can`t pull if off in clothes, but I like it even so.

Love the colors! Kind of looks like a smiling monster with one eye to me :)

I see it too, now that you said it!

I for one, happen to like it. On my computer screen it is a very pretty orange and green.

Thank you cmzaha, nice to hear. I like the green too. It was more pink, but now the color has changed towards a more salmon color. Hmmm, who knows what it`ll look like in a month... Lye can do strange things to colors. Maybe it will end up orange...

I like those colours just not in one solid soap, maybe.
Personally, I would grate this soap up and use it mixed in with part of a new mix. There are some incredible confetti soaps and your colours are exactly what you need.

I would grate it finer than in this photo and place it maybe in part of the soap but just as delicately as this:

Oooh, lovely pictures! I don`t think I will grate up the bars themselves, they have started to grow on me, lol. But I took one and cut off the top. That way it got lessof that cold cuts on top, I feel it looks different now. I may I do it with all of them and instead, as you suggested, grate it up and use as sprinkes on a soap, later on.

Ps. I don`t have a planer so used a potatopeeler, it was one of those wobbly ones with a loose movable blades. Don`t recommend those for evening out the edges...:?

cut.jpg

Ps. I don`t have a planer so used a potatopeeler, it was one of those wobbly ones with a loose movable blades. Don`t recommend those for evening out the edges...:?

That green is a lot less in your face now and taking the top off really improves it.

I tried a knife to bevel my edges. That is not a good system either! :(

That green is a lot less in your face now and taking the top off really improves it.

I tried a knife to bevel my edges. That is not a good system either! :(

Thanks!
I will save up to get a beveler, will save me a lot of mess, me thinks.

Back