My candles are sucking!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
I made a bunch of candles these past two days and only a few of them scent the room. Then my sister says she smelled one that I couldn't smell anything! I changed my wax unfortuantely so I think Im having a hard time but Im going to keep at it and see what goes on!

If your sis can smell them but you can not, maybe your nose is on overload. I get that way sometimes, I will have to take a batch of something to my husband & say "Can you smell this?"

Well I hope that is the case otherwise I won't be selling candles anymore :( Is there some additive I can use to help grab the scent better?? I've never had this problem before maybe its the scent? I get my stuff from peaks/bcn and they always smell amazing. Well I will just wait and see.

three years now and never had problems until now. I realized after looking at it again its not the normal type of wax i've used before. I usually purchase from candlewic 4045H. Although i have them on my webiste I don't sell any except the mystical ones. Anyway I've never needed to use any additives I just added my scent and thats it. Why do you ask?

pepperi27 said:
three years now and never had problems until now. I realized after looking at it again its not the normal type of wax i've used before. I usually purchase from candlewic 4045H. Although i have them on my webiste I don't sell any except the mystical ones. Anyway I've never needed to use any additives I just added my scent and thats it. Why do you ask?

I was just curious. :D
Maybe it's a different type of wax then.

Irena.

BTW. Didn't you used to sell silicone molds on ebay?

No I don't sell silicone molds maybe someone is walking around with my name?? LOL Yeah I mistaked it for the usual brand I use. Since I bought so much of it I'm just going to figure out how to make this wax better and give them away for xmas! LOL

pepperi27 said:
No I don't sell silicone molds maybe someone is walking around with my name?? LOL Yeah I mistaked it for the usual brand I use. Since I bought so much of it I'm just going to figure out how to make this wax better and give them away for xmas! LOL

I guess you have a twin out there somewhere. :)
I hope you get the wax figured out.

Irena

So...it turns out my candles don't suck! LOL I just needed to let them cure for a few days before trying them out! Then again it couldve been my nose. Anyway I gave a bunch out to my boss, co-workers, and even my boyfriend. They all said the scent traveled around the house! I'm not sure if they were being nice or if it really worked LOL Sounds bad to say but sometimes ppl are afraid of giving their hoenst opinion for fear you will cry! LOL

I tested two testers.
Gave one a candle with only a bit of scent on top.
Gave the other a candle with no scent, just the name on front.

They both simply swore by the candles.

Yep, sometimes people just want to be nice.

Back