My Candle Recipe (With instructions)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coastmutt

Reaction score
Hiya everyone! I figured I should post my candle recipe, since I don't see many on this side of the forum!

This is an Organic Soy Wax candle with a great throw, and the same recipe I use for business! I use Midwest Container Wax from American Soy Organics. Please keep in mind I use glass jars for my candles, the warming preparation for metal or plastic containers should NOT be followed.

Preparation: Make sure your containers are at least room temperature, cold container + hot wax = no bueno. I tend to warm mine in the oven briefly before I prepare them for pouring. Press glue stickers to the bottoms of your wicks, center and secure to the middle of the containers, tie it taught around the centering device and set aside.

Measure out the wax, take out your fragrance oils, and begin the melting process. Measure and place your wax inside a pouring pitcher, and place the pitcher inside a pot of boiling water. Take out your thermometer and stirring device.

Heat the wax to 150F, and add the oils (½ ounce per pound of wax) at 125F. Mix slowly and gently to prevent aeration. Let the wax cool and pour between 110F and 105F, make sure they are poured evenly, and sprinkle botanicals as desired, away from the wick. Allow to sit for at least 48 hours before burning.

If you guys have any recipes, or try mine, I'd love to see the outcome! I'm thinking of making a new batch of candles soon, I'll definitely go over my process!

Last edited:
This post is great and helpful! I have always wanted to make soy candles, but I couldn't find organic soy wax. I clicked on your wax link but I couldn't find anywhere that said it was organic. How can you tell that the wax is organic? Thanks!

Thankyou so much for sharing. I wasnt able to make smooth surface for my soy candle . I think maybe because i didnt heat up the jar.

Latest posts

Back