My bug soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've made 2 batchs with my new bug mold, here are the results.

this was yesterdays, this is the batch I burned my lip with. I unmolded a little soon. There was a bit of dings on some and the developed quite a bit of ash. Not really happy with the colors, I was going for something darker.
11wads7.jpg

Made salt bars today and just unmolded them. Did a in the pot swirl and finally used that coral mica I have along with neon mango madness. Scented with white tea & ginger
24ocyf6.jpg

Nice sized soap, especially love the lady bug shape
27ywugw.jpg

Those are adorable, Obsidian! It looks like they unmolded well and didn't leave a bunch of batter behind in nooks and crannies. How much batter did each end up holding? Was your 1 lb batch the right size?

That would be a great mold to make some sort of bug away soap, too. I have a similar mold in two different sizes. I may add that idea to my arsenal...

A don't bug me lotion bar is a really good idea. Any EO you could add besides lavender? Mom is having a lot of issues with bugs this year but she can't stand lavender.

I have a bug bar recipe with no lavender that I don't make anymore..
No time. :/ my customers used to like it though. Message me if u want. :)

And the bars here are adorable! Never seen this mold before.

The NDA Lemon Eucalyptus is supper strong, and a very good bug repellant. The soaps turned out really cute I love them!

Citronella is a stinky lemon smell. <Here's bug blend link> Orchards & Earth blend is good.

Have you ordered many EO blends from them? Their prices are crazy low for chamomile, roman and german blend so makes me wonder on quality.
I normally pay at least double but I don't care for EO from places like WSP or BB and prefer Ananda or Mountain Rose.
Their single EO are on par with higher pricing but the blends are so cheap? :confused: I want to try one or two so LMK. :) thx

FYI, I just mixed up a dupe for this blend using 1 part each (lavender was 2 parts) minus the litsea because I don't currently have any and am using it in my diffuser. The flies that were all over me before are not touching me now. Granted I'm 2 feet from said diffuser...

Ordered Flower Power, Forest, Goodnight, Orchards, Earthen.
Dear Wife loves the Orchards, most women do like it. Earth & Forest are a manly blends, nice too with a touch of patch. haven't used the others in over a year. They all do seem to be high quality.
Sorry I am not more help:(
Roy

Have you ordered many EO blends from them? Their prices are crazy low for chamomile, roman and german blend so makes me wonder on quality.
I normally pay at least double but I don't care for EO from places like WSP or BB and prefer Ananda or Mountain Rose.
Their single EO are on par with higher pricing but the blends are so cheap? :confused: I want to try one or two so LMK. :) thx

Back