My Birthday Cakes! and first time soap frosting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
Today is my birthday and I prepared this batch back in July so I can pass them out to my friends to celebrate.
My first time trying soap frosting. I tried to CPOP it to avoid ash but there are still traces of the ash inside. How do you guys keep ash off soap frosting? Since obviously plastic wrap won't help me with this one.
Scented with a combo of Oatmeal Milk-n-Honey and Berry Bewitched from NG. Friends were able to get the berry tone easy but the almond-y scent of OMH was more subtle.

cake.jpg

Today is my birthday and I prepared this batch back in July so I can pass them out to my friends to celebrate.
My first time trying soap frosting. I tried to CPOP it to avoid ash but there are still traces of the ash inside. How do you guys keep ash off soap frosting? Since obviously plastic wrap won't help me with this one.
Scented with a combo of Oatmeal Milk-n-Honey and Berry Bewitched from NG. Friends were able to get the berry tone easy but the almond-y scent of OMH was more subtle.

View attachment 49554
Happy Birthday! These are adorable!

Happy birthday! These are gorgeous. I think the ash actually adds some nice dimension to the frosting, so it looks good to me. I haven't tried it yet, but I've read that lightly passing a steamer over the soda ash after will make it go away.

Happy birthday! These are gorgeous. I think the ash actually adds some nice dimension to the frosting, so it looks good to me. I haven't tried it yet, but I've read that lightly passing a steamer over the soda ash after will make it go away.
The soda ash kind of looks like a dusting of powdered sugar to me, lol. I tried the steamer trick this weekend on a bar from a batch with heavy ash. It took a few passes, but it worked.

Latest posts

Back