My big boy is finally home *update & pics ;)*

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagmar88

Reaction score
At last, my 9 month old puppy is here since yesterday.
The previous owners bought to boys out of the same litter and that did not work wel for them.

My dog Charlie can be a real bitch towards other dogs; but when they met for the first time in the local park she reacted quite good.
I took a day to get to know him a little and for him to get more relaxed, and since a couple of hours they're together in the living room...

My boy Fluffy:

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

And his new girlfriend

IMG_0429.jpg

I hope everything will go well in the next couple of weeks. He's a real sweetheart and I'm totally in love with both of them :D

OMG, Dagmar!

1 day and you've already spoiled him rotten! I love the chair pic!

Your boy Charlie is a really handsome guy! I also have a soft spot for bull terriers - I used to work in a kennel and per policy had to be isolated from the rest of the animals. Because of that I'd use my breaks to take each one out individually and give them plenty of love!

What part of Holland are you near? I have lots of family in Haarlem, Schagen, and St Maartensbrug - its been a long time since I've visited but I have very fond memories of my time there.

Charlie, how cute, I love them!

I call my son Charlie every now and then, his name is Andrew and no one can figure out why i scream Charlie when he's not listening, neither can I!

jenrb1982 said:
Charlie, how cute, I love them!

I call my son Charlie every now and then, his name is Andrew and no one can figure out why i scream Charlie when he's not listening, neither can I!

:lol: There's probably a link between the name Charlie and not listening.
Or at least she didn't for the first year; she's very obedient now as long as we're away from tree branches and water :p

Charlie's my girl, she's a 1.5 year old bull terrier x american staffordshire terrier, very enthusiastic, intelligent, loving towards people and small children and has high energy.
She's a pain in the but towards most other dogs when she's on the leash though.

The big boy's called Fluffy and he's just a gentle giant. Fluffy's a rottweiler x bordeaux dog mix and 100 pound of love and cuddles.
He's 9 months old but jumps 5 feet in the air when a chihuahua barks at him :roll:
Not the brightest one lol but he already knows to walk right besides me and does everything for food :D

They're not best friend yet, Charlie's a feisty little thing and she's not used to sharing. For now, there's no aggression whatsoever, she just let's him know who's boss :p So, so far so good...

It's a lot of work now, they're not around each other 24/7 yet. When Charlie gets tired she goes bitchy, so to make the situation a bit calmer Fluffy goes to the kitchen when he's sleepy.
Can't walk them together yet and the cats are still upstairs. They'll be introduced to each other as soon as my boy fluffy has settled down a bit and he's used to wear a muzzle.
It's a mess right now, doing nothing but cleaning, feeding and giving attention to all of the fur babies, walking the dogs separately and working at home :p

I'm just chanting 'they're good dogs, everything will be fine, this too shall pass' :lol:

Congrats, Dagmar...what a pretty pup! Good luck with the training. Been through that myself this past year. My 2 still scrap a little, but not really fighting. One just wants to play more than the other one. The breeds you have are pretty smart dogs. Bet it won't be long till everyone is happy. :wink:

Deda said:
OMG, Dagmar!

1 day and you've already spoiled him rotten! I love the chair pic!

:D That's the animal chair over here and it's a real hit. Someone left it outside, so I took it home and all of the animals are allowed to do whatever they want on it.
All of them eat, sleep and play in there, and since the chair's here, they're all very well behaved when it comes to my good furniture :p

But I'll admit, all of my animals are spoiled rotten :oops:
Definitely according to Fluffy; he's not used to be inside, so just bing here is pure luxury.

pict0329.jpg

he looks very relaxed and happy! They'll be the best of buddies. He's lucky to have found a home with you.

Thanks for the adorable pics! What a cutie - both of them! I have a very big dog, too. There's something so cuddly about a giant dog!

SudsyKat said:
Thanks for the adorable pics! What a cutie - both of them! I have a very big dog, too. There's something so cuddly about a giant dog!

Oh, yes!
There'll always be a place for one pit mix in need ad my home, and my girl is adorable, but the gentle giants suit my character better.

Before I had a dog just like fluffy (rottie x tosa inu) and I've waited for 4 years untill another one would cross my path.
He just brings such a calm atmosphere to the home and really balances out Charlie's high energy :wink:

Totally forgot put up a pic from puppy Fluffy

sil.JPG

PICT0105.JPG

:lol: yes, after Hagrid's 3 headed dog:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_xrqPUV0Ic"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_xrqPUV0Ic[/ame]

That's on purpose. People are initially a bit scared by him; but when I'm walking him and say 'come on Fluffy', their fear is gone in no time :p

Latest posts

Back