My bath bomb bombed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:cry: What causes it to wart and slump? I thought I was doing everything right. It's rainy here and humid but I have the air conditioner and fan on in the house.

Should I just wait for the weather to change? I want to make bath bombs!

Too much liquid?

I use a pretty simple recipe and add shea butter to it too.
Mine have "warted" and "exploded" when I use too much witch hazel.

I melt my shea butter, mix it with my color and fragrance, drizzle that in until well blended. Then I spray witch hazel until it just starts to hold together. one or two more spritzes and I mold them up.

I don't know....witch hazel and a few drops of essential oils were the ONLY liquids in this recipe. It was baking soda, citric acid, EO, and witch hazel. No oils or butters so I don't know how it could have been too wet.

Once I could clump it together, I stopped spritzing and packed into a mold.

My next recipe will be totally different. I WILL find one that works! :p

Hmm. that is strange.

Are you putting 2 parts baking soda and 1 part citric acid?
Myabe try adding some baking powder?

Ohhhhhh nooooo believe me, you are not alone in this one lol, I have lost count of the times i've tried making those things only to have them bust open :x I even got to the point where I put next to no w-hazel in and they still chucked a wobbley at me grrrrrr lol

Well, I'm thrilled to say that I have met with success! I feel so accomplished! I can now make beautiful bath bombs! :D

x

i just ordered some things from www.suppliesbystar.com

besides great prices and selection on soap stamps, she has a bath tablet maker and recipe that promises ROCK HARD tablets. you make it with WATER SOLUABLE macadamia nut oil. the oil is to die for! not slimey nor does it leavey a greasy mess after you bathe!

www.ellensessentials has a tablet maker very similar, and has foil wraps, too.

Back