My Bart

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milla

Reaction score
A year ago May my husband and I had to put our 12 year old dog, Bart, to sleep. It's been a year and I still cry when I think about him. We don't have kids so he was our little kid. We got him right after we got married. He had such a personality and loved to lay on our laps and snuggle. He gave me tons of kisses when I would get home from work too!

He had cancer in his mouth, which is so sad. He probably had it for awhile and I never knew. He was probably in pain and couldn't tell me. I feel so horrible. We found out after he had an abscessed tooth. The vet said the tooth was fine but found cancer. His poor mouth never healed and slowly you could see his jaw bone from the gums dying. We put him on pain meds and he still wanted to play and eat, but then he didn't want any water. It hurt him too much. I hand fed him water, but then he stopped drinking that too. So I had to make the appointment to put him to sleep. It was so hard because he still wagged his tail, but I knew it would be cruel to keep him alive like that. I think I will always have a hole in my heart for him.

We still have another schnauzer, Milla (my avatar). I love her but she doesn't like to snuggle or be pet. She has heart problems, but is doing okay with medicine.

Here's a picture of my cutey, Bart. Miss you!

Baby Bart
babybart0010.jpg

My favorite picture
barty.jpg

A few days before we put him to sleep. He looks sick!
bart002.jpg

I'll see you again someday!

I am sorry for your loss , I know how hard it is to put a very much loved pet to sleep . It is for the best but it is so hard . They definitely are a big part of the family. He was a cutie for sure , Milla is too .

{{{hugs}}}

Kitn

It is always very sad when you have to put an animal to sleep. There is no point in letting an animal into your lives, if you don't let them into your heart too. It makes it wonderful when they are here, but all the more heartbreaking when it is time to say goodbye!

what a cute dog! we have pugs in our family and actually had different generations of the same pug family through out the different generations of our human family. the last of the line died a couple of years ago from kidney failure. we didn't know she was sick til it was to late. i am sorry for your loss, they are really one of kinds aren't they? ((hugs)) krissy

What a sweet dog. It must have been so hard to let go, but that decision was made with love.

You did the right thing. Try to focus on all the happy times. You were very fortunate to have such a loving pet.

Jude

Latest posts

Back