My Attempt at Pears Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The formula for the old time Pear's Soap has changed, so I thought I would try my hand at making my own using the originial ingredients. As you can see it is not clear like Pears, but it smells wonderful. I will gladly share my recipe if anyone wants it. Just pm me.

Your soap looks great, like toffee. I would love to have your recipe but I am not sure what "pm me" means. Sorry!

Reactions: lsg
Wow, that's a beautiful soap! I love the natural color to it.

Oops, in my haste to post I forgot to ask, would this be a good soap to make for a beginner like me?

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the look of them , see-through or not they got the look of some good old fashion head to toe cleaning soap . what scent was used and this is CP...?

"pm" = "private message"

Pretty! They look very wholesome - so right on target!

I can't really remember the scent of the old time Pear's. The original scent ingredients were thyme, rosemary and Pear's essence FO. I didn't have thyme so improvised. My version is in the tutorial section. For a beginner, melting the pine rosin might be a challenge. I tried to melt the stearic acid and pine rosin in a double boiler, but that didn't work. I finally added the Castor oil to the rosin/stearic acid and melted in the microwave. That seems to work best.

I admit I know nothing about Pear's soap so I will be off to look it up. Yours may not be translucent completely, but it's got that look about it. I love it.

I looked up Pear's. Reminds me a bit of Neutrogena. You have the color down pat and who cares if it's not clear. It certainly seems like a well-loved soap from the reviews I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back