My attempt at Oasis Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After watching Edgar Kameraki's video, this is my attempt at an Oasis Swirl. Maintaining the swirl pattern is a true test of hand/brain coordination! My doesn't look much like his, but I'm happy with it.

145 Red Current & Grapefruit.jpg

Thank you, @earlene . My pattern came out quite different from Edgar's, but I suppose that's part of the beauty of a swirl -- they're always different. I had a hard time maintaining the right directions of my loops, but in the end, I think this technique, no matter how you goof it up, will produce a lovely result. And I can certainly benefit from practicing hand/brain coordination!

Wow gorgeous. A curious question. Are you musical? I find that musical people seem to have additional talents with artistic things.

Wow gorgeous. A curious question. Are you musical? I find that musical people seem to have additional talents with artistic things.
Wow, thank you! But I'm one of the most un-musical people anywhere. In 4th grade my teacher made me sit down when the other kids were singing! Can't carry a tune to save my life. But I do listen to "Peaceful Piano" music whenever I make soap. Maybe it's the music itself that does the trick 🎶🎹🎹🎶\

Latest posts

Back