My apologies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBarnett

Reaction score
I would like to extend my most heart felt apologies to anyone that I have offended I did not intended to do so. I would especially like to extend this apology to irishlass.

Robert

I have a feeling IL did not get to offended. At least you did not critize the ones that choose to use it, although your choice of wording was less than tactal. But then I am not known to have the most tact either. We all read articles and have to make up our minds as to what we use and don't use. I have had people mention they would never use BHT in soap. Guess what BHT is a common food preservative and antioxidant. I choose to use it in a wash off product since it slows down dos considerably in my lard based soaps. My lard already has bht added but I still have problems with it and a titch more seems to hold it at bay. There are so many alarmist on the internet it takes a lot of decision making and studying to determine what to use and what not to use. I use citric acid for my chelator just because I always have a lot of it and do not have to order EDTA, not because I am afraid of it. This is why we have choices

Apology accepted. :) None of us are immune to having to stick a foot in our mouths from time to time. I know I'm not, in spite of how hard I try to keep my foot to the ground. lol

IrishLass :)

Robert, I think I've been here a little longer than you have, not much, but a little. I was so happy to find this place I was like a kid in a candy store. I wanted to talk about everything to everybody.
There are some longtime members here that have seen many people come and go, there is history and mutual respect amongst many members here. It's obvious. We as newcomers have to understand that like in life we have to pay our dues. I'm not here for easy answers and or the freebie ultimate moisturizing soap recipe, (no I don't think you are).
I'm here to learn, read and talk soap. I think out of our excitement we tend to be over enthusiastic. I know I can be.
I figure in time after sticking around awhile the forum will become used to me and realize I just just wanna make soap and share thoughts with like minded people.
So, my point is Robert, relax, make soap and learn. One day, we will be old timers and hopefully we will have learned, made enough soap and contributed enough to have a voice, because right now I know just enough about soaping to be dangerous :)

Oh LisaAnne, you hit the proverbial nail on the head! I love soaping, I love talking soap, I love sharing soap, I have ideas, I want ideas. And I would even love to join this month's challenge but decided I'd better hold off for another month just in case I'm not exactly quite absolutely welcome (yet) ... :silent:

But like you I guess I'll hang here until I'm taken seriously, however long that may take, and try not to get into too much trouble. In the meantime, nice to meet you two Lisa and Robert, can we be friends? :p:p

Oh LisaAnne, you hit the proverbial nail on the head! I love soaping, I love talking soap, I love sharing soap, I have ideas, I want ideas. And I would even love to join this month's challenge but decided I'd better hold off for another month just in case I'm not exactly quite absolutely welcome (yet) ... :silent:

Join the challenge - you are absolutely welcome!!

I've only been making CP soap for a little over a year. I was, and still am, in awe of the knowledge that is shared in this community. I have only very recently been comfortable enough to offer suggestions or a few answers. The first many months, I mostly read the threads, searched the forum and generally stayed pretty quiet. I really wanted to try the SMF challenge, but didn't have enough posts to participate in the first one. I managed to get to 50 posts by the time the second challenge started and I signed up. The support and fellowship of that challenge helped me, not to mention that I learn something from each challenge. I don't go into it with the intention of winning, but with learning - alongside others who are trying something new too. Even if I'm not especially happy with how my entry turns out, I still enter it. Give it a try - you won't be sorry you did!

Thanks dibbles, very much :) I think I'll try the challenge anyway without officially joining up, as it looks like something I can't resist. Perhaps I'll join next time. Thanks for sharing this story, it's encouraging xx

I would like to extend my most heart felt apologies to anyone that I have offended I did not intended to do so. I would especially like to extend this apology to irishlass.

My Web Site http://www.robertsessentials.com. Free soaping materials and recipes.

Robert

I am probably the person that most suffers from foot-in-mouth disease on this forum. I try my hardest to phrase things as inoffensively as possible, yet get the point across, and inevitably I end up explaining that I am not trying to offend anyone.

I have been here a while, not a really long while like some folks, but a while. And we have seen people with different opinions come and go. We have seen lots of folks who read a little info, and become instant experts on something.

I included your signature line in the quote on purpose. I see that you have a website. I went to your website. I understand that it is a work in progress. However, I was struck by the fact that you are copyrighting all of your information on there. Where, exactly, are you going to get your information that you are going to copyright? If this is one of the sites, how do you justify copyrighting that information? If you are getting the information from other non-copyrighted sites, how do you justify it? I am not trying to offend you, I truly would like to know.

At least none of you newbies (I am an old timer of 8 months!!!) have looked at the latest posts list to see your name hogging the forum in a full page of pj, pj, pj! [emoji33]

I do think everyone should contribute because our early mistakes help others to not feel so hopeless and to learn even more.

Robert, As with most additives you will find on the forum those that use it, those that don't and those who are adamantly against it. Luckily there are customers/friends out there who do want it, don't care as well as those that are against it.

FWIW I don't use EDTA as I try to steer clear of chemicals but I only make soap and not lotions and potions.

Thanks dibbles, very much :) I think I'll try the challenge anyway without officially joining up, as it looks like something I can't resist. Perhaps I'll join next time.

DO!! And post the pictures. We love pictures. Even if you are not happy with them, we'll see beauty in soaps that the makers don't because it "wasn't what I was going for."

SMF is awesome and so are people here, and we not always agree on everything, like every normal family does :mrgreen:

But like you I guess I'll hang here until I'm taken seriously, however long that may take, and try not to get into too much trouble. In the meantime, nice to meet you two Lisa and Robert, can we be friends? :p:p
Just saw this! Sure friends! Lol

I included your signature line in the quote on purpose. I see that you have a website. I went to your website. I understand that it is a work in progress. However, I was struck by the fact that you are copyrighting all of your information on there. Where, exactly, are you going to get your information that you are going to copyright? If this is one of the sites, how do you justify copyrighting that information? If you are getting the information from other non-copyrighted sites, how do you justify it? I am not trying to offend you, I truly would like to know.

It is my understanding that the forum that sujbect matter was originally posted on has a "grandfather" copyright since it was the first place the information was "published". Someone attempting to copyright a paper that I wrote in the 1970's today would have a difficult time showing that they were the originator of the information or paper. Copyrighting is a lot more than just say "you can't copy this without my permission".

Steve

It is my understanding that the forum that sujbect matter was originally posted on has a "grandfather" copyright since it was the first place the information was "published". Someone attempting to copyright a paper that I wrote in the 1970's today would have a difficult time showing that they were the originator of the information or paper. Copyrighting is a lot more than just say "you can't copy this without my permission".

Steve

Information isn't actually pertinent to the discussion; it's the expression of it that counts. You can gather information on the forum and then create an original work like a reference chart and claim copyright on that, no prob. Information or ideas can't be copyrighted, just the expression of them -- or the form you put them into.

Latest posts

Back