My 2nd batch and its a swirly

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessMommy

Reaction score
Okay, I got a load of stuff delivered and made a batch from an old recipe I had. The only thing was I forgot to put the EO in until I'd already started the swirl :x So that didn't incorporate very well... if I were to turn the soaps around you could see little splotches of discoloration from the EO. A bit of a bummer, but I'm happy with the swirl and awaiting another shipment of sample. I'm thinking I'll like the more earthy tones best.

Here's how the swirl turned out.

2550293515_1223f2eba2_m.jpg

Very pretty, the blue and white swirled together is quite lovely.

I like it! Not the typical swirl but unique and attractive.

I frequently leave additives out myself. I almost wish I had last night since I was shooting for white soap with a contrast colored layer and got yellow soap with contrast layer. My EO turned the white batter yellow.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

I used Ultra Blue from Snowdrift farm. When I was ordering my oils & and EO I wanted to get one color too. At the time I was thinking of making soap that would appeal to my boys. So I went for more masculine EO and color.

I'm surprised it ended up with as much contrast because I was trying so hard to mix the EO after I poured it in the mold. I thought I'd end up with mostly blue soap and am pleasantly surprised.

PrincessMommy said:
I used Ultra Blue from Snowdrift farm.
Thanks for answering the question I wanted to ask. :) I'm already going to buy WSP's equivalent, but I see no reason to not try both. Yours is a very pretty blue! :)

Lovehound said:
Thanks for answering the question I wanted to ask. :) I'm already going to buy WSP's equivalent, but I see no reason to not try both. Yours is a very pretty blue! :)

I don't necessarily recommend Snowdrift. They're pretty pricey. However, the stuff they have is very nice. Please feel free to ask.

fladais said:
those are lovely. i'm a 'blue' fan.

Thank you.

Wow!! Beautiful!! That's one of the prettiest blues I've ever seen!! And I love the contrast with the perfect white!! Great job!!

Back