My 2 1/2 year old soap maker!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rparrny

Reaction score
Below is a pic of my grandson Zach. Since birth, he has spent every Friday till Saturday night with me (I'm so blessed). Tonight when he came I had a special surprise for him. Amazon had a deal of the day with 36 containers of playdoh for a crazy low price, so of course I bought it. I opened the crate and told him he could pick two colors...he chose blue and green and was very emphatic about it. He proceeded to combine the colors and twist them around and then formed a patty and proclaimed "soap!". Now he has seen my soaps all over the house but has never seen me make soap which made this all the more amazing to me.
I see myself getting some M&P stuff well before he turns 5...

001.jpg

Very handsome young man. You may have a budding soapmaker or artist on your hands!

Very handsome young man. You may have a budding soapmaker or artist on your hands!
I hope so, it really saddens me to know that my kids have no interest in learning how to can, pickle or make soap...my daughter has taken an interest in learning herbalism since becoming a mom (the reason I started to learn as well, young kids, no money for a hundred buck visit to the doc...the days before managed care). These lost arts are ever more important in a world with so much technology that we rely on. Our power grid is so fragile, estimates are if our power grid went down for 3 months (not only not impossible, more than likely at some point), loss of life have ranges of 20-40%. Soap is vastly underrated as a staple in these circumstances...

You are doing the best thing by being supportive and encouraging him! Great lil' lad and a great nan!

Awww. He is a cutie! It would be great to have a grandbaby! My son is 28 and daughter 26, neither are married, so I don't see any in the near future. It would be great if he takes a big interest in your soaping.

Awww. He is a cutie! It would be great to have a grandbaby! My son is 28 and daughter 26, neither are married, so I don't see any in the near future. It would be great if he takes a big interest in your soaping.
What a cutie he is, you are definitely blessed. My oldest granddaughter, age 7 now, has been pouring m&p soaps since age 3. Keep up the good work and you are certain to have a soaping partner! I have one of my granddaughters several times a week and miss her when she is not here!

Don't give up Dana my oldest did not marry until age 30 and finally gave me a granddaughter at age 39. I never thought she would marry. I never thought she would she would quit riding her Harley long enough for a baby, so now I have two granddaughters

What a cutie he is, you are definitely blessed. My oldest granddaughter, age 7 now, has been pouring m&p soaps since age 3.
Really?? You think I can start him at 3!!!:clap:
That would be so much fun!!
How did you start and what did you allow her to do?

Fear not Dana, my daughter and son-in-law have been together since she was 17, got married at 26 and kept me waiting until 30 before she gave me that precious little gift...
My son on the other hand thinks a long term relationship is a 3 day weekend...

Rparny-My son is the same way! The longest relationship he has had is 4 months. My daughter has givin me 2 grandkitties! I do love them.lol

You could always start him off with m&p and lotion bars. When my son (currently 3 weeks old) gets bigger I think id let him pick the colors and fragrance, even let him sit down and stir but not pour just yet. I'd let him place embeds and even choose the tools to design.

RParr....what a great picture of a beautiful child! He'll have girls running after him in kindergarten I bet,,,if not preschool!! And encourage him to be handy...we could all use a slab cutter like Steso has! My 3 out of 4 nieces/nephews are challenged to change a light bulb...the other one is a mechanic tho...

Back