My 1st successful swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapsydaisy

Reaction score
I'm excited, I have tried swirling several times but this is the first time the soap actually turned out AND looks presentable. The other times the swirls blended in.

I used alkanet root for the swirl color and scented with lavender EO.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gorgeous! You did a wonderful swirl and I have swirl envy. (I'm ashamed of myself. I thought I'd gotten being envious out of my system.) Did you use a skewer or something else?

Lovely! You got a great purple from the alkanet too.

Store the soap someplace dark as alkanet can fade when subjected to prolonged light exposure.

Thanks for the tip Judy.

Hazel, I swirled in the pot. I watched a few Youtube videos first to find a style I liked.

The 1st time I tried swirls the soap came out crumbly and the other two times the swirls were not pronounced. So I guess the 4th time is a charm.

Now you know how to do it, you're going to have so much fun playing with colors. :D

I've also had better luck with ITP swirling. I just couldn't get the hang of ITM swirling.

Beautiful swirl! I also have swirl envy, mine never come out like I envision!

Good job!!!

Hazel said:
Now you know how to do it, you're going to have so much fun playing with colors. :D

I've also had better luck with ITP swirling. I just couldn't get the hang of ITM swirling.

You are so right, I keep getting the " swirling itch".

Beautiful swirl! I love the shape of your bars too! My HP bars are that shape and they fit nicely into your hand. :)

Latest posts

Back