My 1st Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramma Judy

Reaction score
I hope I am doing this right.

Left is Sensual Top Is Coconut Lime Bottom is Kai Right is Patchouli Honey
The Sensual and Coconut Lime were in a slab mold. Both of them had condensation on top. Not oil. Not lye. Did I peek too much? AC in house was on 68. Also the color of the sensual, BTW, it stinks, was not what I wanted. I messed up and put maybe 2 T of silk fiber from MMS in. The lye water was dark brown. Live and learn.

Wonderful soaps!! I think that you're pulling our leg.
They are way too nice for a 1st timer!! :lol:

Jude

All your soap looks fantastic , I love the colors you chose and the swirls rock.Way to go :D

Kitn

Thank you. The red and black, stinky, was for my best friends daughter getting married. Her colors were white, back and red. 1st I added way too much silk. Learned lesson #4, always use a measuring spoon. Lye water was almost dark brown and then the scent also morphed even darker, so I ended up with red, black and brown soap. Also with all of the condensation it distracted even yet from the prettiness. The Kai was lesson #2. Do not use M&P liquid coloring. The one color was supposed to be deep purple. It morphed right before my eyes. As soon as it hit the soap mixture it turned brown. I believe it ended up to be the kind of burgundy color in the soap. Love this scent. Right now I am using FOs. EOs are expensive, so I will wait till I get alot of my 1st time screw ups out of the way. Thanks again. Next time I will post better pictures. I am at my office and really no where to do a good shot.

Latest posts

Back