My 1st cold process batch!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a vegetable peeler to bevel the edges. The only benefit to me for doing it when I cut vs. after cure is my soap pics are nicer!

Those look really nice. Soaping is addictive but everybody uses soap and it's fun to share.

I do the same as Hazel. I just smooth down the edges with my finger right after I've cut the bars. If I plan on beveling or planing a soap, I'll usually leave it to harden up for maybe a week before I do that, so the soap can better withstand being handled so much. I myself find it really hard to get nice straight and neat beveled edges on a soft soap, but some soapers can do it with their hands tied behind their backs! I need the soap to be harder to be able to do it nicely. It took me a lot of practice to get beveling right and to this day, I always use the end pieces or cut offs as practice pieces before I start beveling the "real" bars, because each finished soap is different and each will let me know if it's ready to be beveled or not and that way I won't ruin 5 good bars before I get it right.

You guys weren't kidding this is very addicting! Made my 3rd batch today Lavender! Will cut tomorrow and share with all of you!

Thanks everyone! I haven't been this excited about a hobby since... Never

Back