Quantcast

My 1st cold process batch!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

eyeroll

Reaction score
I use a vegetable peeler to bevel the edges. The only benefit to me for doing it when I cut vs. after cure is my soap pics are nicer!

yadonm

Reaction score
Those look really nice. Soaping is addictive but everybody uses soap and it's fun to share.

Reactions: Lin

Tienne

Reaction score
I do the same as Hazel. I just smooth down the edges with my finger right after I've cut the bars. If I plan on beveling or planing a soap, I'll usually leave it to harden up for maybe a week before I do that, so the soap can better withstand being handled so much. I myself find it really hard to get nice straight and neat beveled edges on a soft soap, but some soapers can do it with their hands tied behind their backs! I need the soap to be harder to be able to do it nicely. It took me a lot of practice to get beveling right and to this day, I always use the end pieces or cut offs as practice pieces before I start beveling the "real" bars, because each finished soap is different and each will let me know if it's ready to be beveled or not and that way I won't ruin 5 good bars before I get it right.

Mrs.Larios

Reaction score
You guys weren't kidding this is very addicting! Made my 3rd batch today Lavender! Will cut tomorrow and share with all of you!

Mrs.Larios

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I haven't been this excited about a hobby since... Never

Mrs.Larios

Reaction score
Running low on sweet almond oil can I use apricot kernel oil instead?

Nikon

Reaction score
Those look much better than my first batch! Welcome to a new addiction!

Latest posts