My 1st Batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapyGal

Reaction score
Hi all

I made my first batch on Sunday night. It came out very nicely. Bergamot & Chamomile scent for my hubby. It's hardening up great. Now lets see if I can figure out how to post the pics.....

ETA: nope.... don't have a clue how to get the pics posted on here.... sorry.

Congratulations SG!!! I'd love to see your pictures.

Upload them to an image hosting service like ImageShack.US and then paste the image URL into your post, highlight it and click the Img button in the editor which should put IMG and /IMG tags on either side. That's about how I do it except that I have my own server so I don't use ImageShack.

Greg

EDIT: Fixed URL

SG I just tried ImageShack.US and it was easy. (Note that I erred above in adding .com, it's a .US website.) Just go to their site and upload your picture, then cut and paste the "forum" style URL you get after you upload your image. Just paste it right into your post and the picture is good to go.

SG, if you like I can post them for you if you'll email them to me. See my profile or PM for my email address.

Hi, sorry all... had a slight soapus interuptus.... my MIL had a stroke, so I haven't spent much time online. I'm off to investigate all the great suggestions. Thanks for your help guys :)

SoapyGal said:
Hi, sorry all... had a slight soapus interuptus.... my MIL had a stroke, so I haven't spent much time online. I'm off to investigate all the great suggestions. Thanks for your help guys :)
Sorry to hear that, hope she recovers quickly.

Hi. I just joined Photobucket, so lets see if I figured it out!

The first pic is the second day, about 16 hours after pour, cutting them into bars. Nothing fancy, mind you, just trying to get a feel for it all before I mess with colors & bigger batches!! :lol:

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn21 ... stcuts.jpg

The next pic is the bars freshly cut

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn21 ... ofcure.jpg

ok.... I've got my fingers crossed.... I hope I did it right....

(drum roll, please...............)

well.......... the links work..... but I was hoping that the pics would just show up in the post, without having to click on them.......... (?!)

Does it only work that way if you host your pics yourself?

(How embarrassing.... my husband is an IT mgr, and I don't even know how to do this stuff :oops: )

Thanks, fladais!

I'm really happy with how they're curing.... they're hardening up really nicely, and quicker than I thought they would. The smell is divine.... hubby is very happy & can't wait to use them.

I did the tongue test on them last night. There wasn't a big 'zap'.... but there was definitely a zap.... so I guess I will just have to be patient.

Click the link, then right click the image and "view image." Then cut and paste that URL.

Here's Soapy Gal's images:

1stcuts.jpg

1stdayofcure.jpg

What kind of recipe are they? Like maybe list the oils in order of weight, most first? No need to reveal your recipe. :)

Lovehound said:
Click the link, then right click the image and "view image." Then cut and paste that URL.

:oops:

I'm sorry....

I still don't get it....

When I right click on the image, I don't get a "view image" option.... however, to the right of the image on the photobucket page, there are 4 different "codes" they give... the bottom one is for forums & bulletin boards.... if I cut & paste that code, would that do the trick?

Just responding to my own post, they look like Castile. I really like Castile, particularly a modified Castile. I've just done a goat today and used a more or less Castile but added castor oil. And added goat of course. Can't have GM soap without some goat present. ;)

SoapyGal said:
Lovehound said:

:oops:

I'm sorry....

I still don't get it....

When I right click on the image, I don't get a "view image" option.... however, to the right of the image on the photobucket page, there are 4 different "codes" they give... the bottom one is for forums & bulletin boards.... if I cut & paste that code, would that do the trick?

You need to put it inside the "IMG" tags at the top of "post message" page. it will look like this: (img) put your picture url here (/img) except it will be brackets instead of parenthesis.

Back