Must see movie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjulesdid

Reaction score
Martian Child... You gotta see it.

Synopsis: Middle aged sci fi writer and widower (John Cusack) trys to adopt a boy who thinks he's from mars.

Joan Cusack also stars.

And it's rated PG! So there are no cuss words or anything!

Also, if you have red box in your area, they are offering free rentals every monday throughout April.. see their website for details.

okay....is it really, really, really, really good? Because I have a hard time sitting down to watch movies :lol: So I have to know it is that good to make myself do it. Usually once the movie starts I get hooked, but thats where it has to be really good. I am a loser, truly I was lucky if I watched a movie a year. Trying harder tho to watch more because my husband loves movies. k

Redbox is a movie vending machine... They have them in grocery stores and McDonalds. You pick your movie, swipe your credit card and the movie comes out of the slot.. It costs a buck.. if you don't return it by the next night, it automatically charges your card a dollar a day until you return it.. If you don't return it within 25 days, it will stop charging your card and the movie is yours to keep.. You can return the movie to any red box you want, not just the one you rented from.

There's not a huge selection, but they have most of the new releases and for a buck a night for a new release, you really can't beat that.

As for martian child. It's slow moving, it takes the time necessary to build the relationship between the characters. I like that.. Some people don't, if you don't, then this is not your type of movie...

OH and never seen fight club??? It is one of the best films of all time! You must see fight club.. (unless you are offended because it's a bit raunchy and disturbing- It's rated R for a reason)

Hey, there is nothing wrong with raunchy and disturbing :lol: I don't think we have red boxes here, but now I will be looking out for them. Great prices! thanks for the info. k

I really enjoy relationship-building kinds of movies, and I really like John Cusack as an actor. I will rent it, thanks for the idea.

btw: have you seen Kinky Boots? I just really love this movie, bought it and keep showing it to friends here. It's got so many different characters and kinds of relationships in it, a good story line, and it's inspired by a true story about a shoe factory in England.

...oh, but if anyone has an aversion to drag queens, just a wee warning that you may not like it.

Woodi, I'm still trying to burn the image of Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies out of my eyes, But I'll check out the boots movie anyway.. I'm always looking for something different

Inception
The Exorcist
Hurt Locker
Inglorious Basterds
Harry Potter and the deathly hallows
The Proposal
Date night
Dark Knight

spammy links deleted - the mod team

Back