must have types of soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomrip

Reaction score
hello, my wife has shown interest in starting to sell home made soaps and such. not asking for your own recipes, but what kind of soaps are suggested. like what kind of soaps are good sellers, like exfoliation, acne and such. i hope this question makes sense.

Hi tomrip, the most obvious answers are that you have to know your capabilities, and your market. I recommend you get to know the craft, and eventually the rest will follow. Stick around the forum and you can accelerate your theoretical knowledge, but the practical knowledge will take more time because that is just how soap is. Good thing is, that's the fun of it!

Has she been making soap for some time, at least a year? If not, please check out the many threads on when you are ready to sell. If she's a new soaper, it should not be any time soon. I won't repeat good advice that has been given time and time again, but this is a huge issue you should consider. It's a really bad idea to have the idea to sell soap without having lots of experience making soap.

hello, my wife has shown interest in starting to sell home made soaps and such. not asking for your own recipes, but what kind of soaps are suggested. like what kind of soaps are good sellers, like exfoliation, acne and such. i hope this question makes sense.

The ones that will sell the best are the ones that your victims er, ah , volunteers ask for over and over while the "house" recipes are being perfected. So make note of the ones that cousin Bill the mechanic asks for and your niece and aunt MaryAnn...

I hope you get my drift. It takes real time to develop a market and know what your niche will be. I'm not looking to sell but I also don't want to have boxes of soap stacked all over so I cultivate "testers" and pay close attention to what they want. That way I can keep making soap with my better half's approval.

Stick around! there's so much to learn and so many here that are willing to teach. They even put up with me!:mrgreen:

I would normally delete this as any business related posts should be in the business section, but the OP can't post there yet as me doesn't meet the requirements. Certainly, the sticky in the beginner section specifies no business posts, so a reminder to check out the stickies, too.

But as the replies are spot on, I'm just locking it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back