Must have fragrances from Nurture Soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. I did all of that. Now how do I find it again? (I mean, where do I click to find the bookmarks I've set?)
If you go up to the toolbar at the top and click on your name, you'll see a tab for "bookmarks" next to "your account":
1634921439001.png

BRV, orange patchouli, crisp juniper, and 8th and ocean. They shop SO quickly and always throw in a sample of something.

I have a lot of NS micas because I ordered some as color sets when I first starting using micas. I’ve had good results color-wise with these:

nocturnal (for darkening a color a bit, or add a contrasting color)
neutral grey (for toning a color down a little)
winter white (for getting a pastel when I don’t want to add TD; it’s a warm white)

cabaret
cheshire cat
kashmir
klein blue
(for lighter blues, I get the best results by adding white to the above two, or by using ultramarine blue and TD; I’ve had light blue micas morph to green)
sirens song
proud peacock (similar to hydrated chrome green)
new leaf
jade green
the adamant olive
I have Savage Garden and Alpine Green and like them but rarely use them
I haven’t settled on a yellow, but bought some sunshine yellow to try after seeing it in soap on the NS FB page
orange vibrance
eye of the tiger is intense
Trial by Fire is fabulous
brick dust
queen of hearts is a pretty color, but I think it may have bled into white in one of my soaps
love song
amaranth
hollywood pink

So far, the browns I have from NS lean cool (e.g. mocha) or red (e.g. magic mushroom, I think) rather than golden brown.

There’s a Nurture pdf that shows most of the colors in soap. I refer to a hard copy while I’m planning or making soap. I do a lot of color blending and the online blending tool is useful for making a prediction about how two colors might look when blended at different proportions.

To my nose, many of the NS scents are what I would classify as relatively complex blends. The ones that have fewer notes, like Satsuma and Awaken, are the ones I like best, but they don’t seem to last super long. I do use 8th & Ocean because it behaves and sticks well in my recipes, is non-discoloring, and has unisex appeal. I also detect a bit of melon in that scent, as was mentioned above.

Micas and fragrance all Great:thumbup:. To many to list:
Best Seller: Three Wise Men, 8th and Ocean, Awakening, Earth Meets Sky and Orange Cognac
Most popular mica : Mocha Brown and Sky blue
Don't taste time hand cutting soaps; purchase the cutter..

I don't think you can go wrong with any of Nurture's micas, absolutely every one I have used has been fabulous. All of their fragrances have been great as well. There have been a few I didn't care for, but that's down to personal taste as opposed to quality. Nurture's reviews concerning acceleration, discoloration, ricing etc. have always been spot on in my experience. I think the cucumber melon and the satsuma from Nurture are fantastic. If I had to pick favorites, it would definitely be those two.

I had Anarchy in my cart and am now rethinking it because of this thread. I even decided to check the fragrance Oil review to see if there was anything there... I am going to read through this one again and see how I feel about my choice.

Last edited:
I ended up selecting sample sizes instead of a single, larger one. I chose Anarchy, Seven Isles, and Temptation. I am hoping one will be unisex enough that my parents and my kids will like it for Christmas. It will most likely be a late present, but, the thought will be there!

Based on your suggestions, so far on my list is: Somali Soul, Devious, Oudh Wood, Black raspberry vanilla, Comfort and Joy, Seventh Heaven, 8th and Ocean, and Anarchy
I'll have these shipped to my father in the States and I'll pick them up when I go down for Thanksgiving. I got 16 ounce bottles of all of them except Oudh Wood. Man, that stuff (Oudh Wood) is expensive!

@John Harris just helping - it makes me feel better about my own FO over indulgence ;) FWIW though, I don't think of Earth Meets Sky as a patchouli scent. It's there, but in the background and it is such a complex fragrance. Better in soap than OOB I think. Maybe just a 1 ounce bottle? You won't be sorry. But you'd have to make a (for you) itty bitty batch.

Back