Must have fragrances from Nurture Soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@John Harris curious what you thought of the fragrances. I had to visit this post when deciding what to order from Nurture the other day.
I too visited this post a few days ago when ordering.
Was disappointed that Winter Wonderland was out of stock.
I am so thankful to everyone for their recommendations.

Went to Maine for Thanksgiving. I'm still here. I really haven't had time to unpack the fo bottles and evaluate the oob scents. Kind of exciting to have all these FO's here waiting to inhabit soap bars.

I too visited this post a few days ago when ordering.
Was disappointed that Winter Wonderland was out of stock.
I am so thankful to everyone for their recommendations.
I have 1 oz of Winter Wonderland. I have no intention of using it. Also have a bunch of others too that I intended on selling, I've just been too lazy to put it all together since there's more than just fragrances. I have molds, allantoin, and other things.

I love Nurture, I’m happy to add my thoughts on the FOs I’ve tried for anyone else who might be contemplating an order! One caveat is that I don’t use these in soap so unfortunately I can’t speak to their CP performance.

These are all the ones I’ve smelled OOB and used in products (bath salts, bath bomb dust, shower steamers, etc) so far. I have a couple other sample bottles, but I’ve only smelled them OOB so I’ll keep them off this list until I actually work with them.
  • Anarchy - Lush Lord of Misrule type. I haven’t tried LoM so I can’t speak to how closely it dupes it, but it’s a cozy patchouli/vanilla blend with a kick from the pepper. Definitely a unisex scent to me. I'm not a patchouli fan so I don't particularly care for this one, but I think it's an accurate patchouli and "objectively" a good smell (if anything fragrance-related could ever be truly objective 😊). Good throw and has the added bonus of a 100% usage rate in all IFRA categories except 1 and 6.
  • Caramel Coffee - this smells truly delicious, but honestly it’s pretty faint. I see a couple other reviews mentioning this as well. I wouldn’t call it a true coffee scent, per se; maybe more of an iced latte or frappe scent, something where the coffee is technically present but the sweets totally outnumber it. I’m keeping this one in the blend I use it in because I don't want to reformulate it, but would not go out of my way to use it in new scents.
  • Champagne - I love this one! Effervescent, fizzy, refreshing. I do need to find another champagne FO which could be used more in category 4 applications (this one is only 1%), but this is perfect for category 9 (up to 8.4%).
  • Dragon Moon - a bit of a quieter scent, but I love it so I work with the lower throw/potency. A cool, mysterious florals, greenery, and musk blend.
  • Grapefruit & Bergamot - this scent sticks beautifully in my products and has great throw. (If you do anything with silicone tools, this scent really stuck in some of my silicone products, more than any other FO I’ve been using lately. So choose your tools wisely!)
  • Lavender & Sage - similar to Grapefruit & Bergamot - sticks beautifully, very strong, I’d consider it a staple in my FO collection.
  • Oudh Wood - expensive but worth it, if you’d like to incorporate an oudh note into anything; the 8oz bottle is about $4.60 per oz. It smells gorgeous. I want to try MMS’ oudh since it’s nearly half the price per oz, but I wouldn’t be opposed to continuing to shell out for this one if the MMS version doesn’t stack up.
  • Rose Petal Preserves - Lush Rose Jam type. I haven’t tried the original, but my customers have communicated that it measures up! One drawback is that the IFRA rates are a bit low for my tastes - 4% for category 9 and 3.33% for most others. I really liked this one when I first started working with it - but it’s been popular so I have to admit that I’m a bit tired of smelling it now. :)
  • Sugar Cookie - I looooove this one. 100% usage across all IFRA categories except 1 and 6. It truly smells like warm, buttery sugar cookies and is great for blending with other notes.

Who started this thread?? Mr. HARRISSSS!!!! Black raspberry vanilla (Purple, with white frosting and SPRINKLES), Pheromone (blue ombre??), Persephone's kiss (still an open pallet). Will be my next three batches. I had "three wisemen" in my cart. But must have deleted it somehow. I never should have read this thread. 😎

I hope you guys don't mind me resurrecting this thread, but I am new to the world of fragrances am having a hard time deciding which ones to buy/try. I am absolutely ordering Seventh Heaven and 8th and Ocean, but others that have my interest are Somali Soul, Dragons Blood, Dragon Moon, Nightfall, 3 Wise Men, and Seven Isles. Unfortunately, Seven Isles is out of stock and I can't tell if it'll be restocked or if it is discontinued.

I've tried a lot of NS fragrances. Black Raspberry Vanilla from NS is my favorite of the ones I have tried. I also love and will mostly always have
Anarchy, Avalon, Earth Meets Sky, Winter Wonderland, All Soul's Day, The Grim Reaper and/or Femme Fatale

There are others I like very much and I have used lots of them, so I might be able to answer questions on some of them if you have them. I don't use foodie scents, but have used a lot of the others.

I've tried a lot of NS fragrances. Black Raspberry Vanilla from NS is my favorite of the ones I have tried. I also love and will mostly always have
Anarchy, Avalon, Earth Meets Sky, Winter Wonderland, All Soul's Day, The Grim Reaper and/or Femme Fatale

There are others I like very much and I have used lots of them, so I might be able to answer questions on some of them if you have them. I don't use foodie scents, but have used a lot of the others.
I'm not a foods scent person, either. I just don't know what anything smells like! Lol. Avalon was actually on my list, too. I'll check the others... some of the names! I can't see using some of these names. I would most certainly have to rename them if I like them.

I'm not a foods scent person, either. I just don't know what anything smells like! Lol. Avalon was actually on my list, too. I'll check the others... some of the names! I can't see using some of these names. I would most certainly have to rename them if I like them.
Avalon behaves perfectly and does not discolor - it's a beautiful scent.

Here's my current short list just so I can get a variety of fragrances to smell:

Seventh Heaven
8th and Ocean
Avalon
Cavalier
Somali Soul
Nightfall
Persephone's Kiss

Last edited:
I see a review that describes it as smelling like honey crisp apples. Does that sound correct to you?
I've used that scent and personally I would describe it as a very true apple scent. I mean that it smells like a real apple, not one that smells like candy like a lot of fruit scents. It's quite a lovely, fresh scent.

Here's my current short list just so I can get a variety of fragrances to smell:

Seventh Heaven
8th and Ocean
Avalon
Cavalier
Somali Soul
Nightfall
Persephone's Kiss
I've got all of those (I actually have or have had most of Nurture's scents). She discontinued most of my favorites a while back, but what she has is still good.

Pay attention to her soap notes. Nightfall is gorgeous, predominantly lavender with vanilla, but it accelerates like crazy. She actually advises NOT to use it in CP soap. The lavender and sage is pretty nice, tho.
Persephone's Kiss is a gorgeous strong floral that behaves and sticks.
8th and Ocean is one of my favorite beachy scents. It sticks too.
A popular favorite with EVERYONE seems to be Peace and Love, a spot on dupe of Lush's Olive Branch
I love the patchouli/earthy scents, so Anarchy is a favorite, as is Earth Meets Sky (also both Lush dupes)
Cavalier and Pheromone are good men's FOs
Bergamot and Honey is quite good, and strong, as is Champagne.

Back