Must have fragrances from Nurture Soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All!
I hope to be going to the Good Ol' USA for American Thanksgiving. (I've been stranded in Canada for over 2 years! - long story, don't ask.) Anyway, I want to put in an order to Nurture Soaps for some Trial By Fire mica, but while I am doing an order, I might as well get other worthwhile stuff from them, no?

Can any of you suggest some Simply-Can't-Live-Without scents or micas you have bought from them?

Thanks in Advance!

To be honest you can't go wrong with anything they sell. Only thing to look out for is which fragrances discolor. Read the reviews, there are tons of them for pretty much every fragrance they sell. Couple of my favorites are Smell the Rainbow, Devious, Somali Soul and just used one called Pheromone that is awesome. As for their micas they are all great. If you are ok with spending a little more money I would order the 1oz jars over the 5g bags only because the jars are so much easier to work with then the bags.

Nurture Soap is my favorite vendor! I love their FO and micas & @SoapDaddy70 is correct, you can’t go wrong with them! My favorites list is long… but my top five that I own right now are:
1. Earth Meets Sky-spicy patchouli blend that behaves perfectly in cold process soap.
2.Persephone’s Kiss
3. Fangipani Jasmine
4. Honeysuckle
5. Sunshine on My Mind

I’m more of a seeet flowery fragrance lover, but Earth Meets Sky has pleasantly surprised me!

Oh! I forgot about Oudh Wood FO… I love it! It’s a very peaceful calming woody fragrance and also behaves very good with CP soap!

Also, their micas are pretty awesome. I started with their sample sets and ordered 1 oz jars of colors I like/used the most! I find the jars less messy to use and I figure I can order the less expensive bags to refill when needed.

Good Luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Not knowing what types of scents you like, I'll just add my faves and why I like them:

Awaken; a citrus, mostly lemon notes after it cures, it sticks well at a year with a small loss of complexity and strength. (I shrink wrap soon after cure) Behaves well. I often mix with some lemon 5x to boost the lemoniness. But after the eo fades, the Awaken is still there. Haven't found anyone who doesn't like it.

8th and Ocean. I'm a sucker for ocean and fresh scents. This one is sweeter rather than salty. Not really what I think of as an ocean scent but it's well liked by many people in my circle. Definitely lasts well past a year. I have some over 2 years, shrink wrapped, that are still strong.

Fresh Cut Rose; not an old fashioned rose super flowery rose, but has a strong green note that does smell like a florist's refrigerator with cut long stem roses. It can accelerate. I stick to a very simple 1 color swirl or none at all. It fades at bit. I shrink wrapped these months after cure, and opened one up a year later and it's still respectably strong. Can smell up a small bathroom.

Rosemary mint: behaves well, sticks well! I do mix with about 25% of real rosemary and spearmint because I like a strong herbal camphor scent. You can't tell that 75% of the scent if synthetic!

Black raspberry vanilla; my preferred BRV, except for Nature's Gardens. LOTS of working time. You can make the batter, run to the store for milk and eggs, come back, take a nap, then soap! (my recipe is a slower mover to start with)

However: Many people love Satsuma and Juicy Apricot; and they smell fantastic oob. But they completely disappear in 3 months in my soap.

Caramel Coffee; disappears within weeks. I kept it on the curing rack hoping it would be one of those fo's that bounce back...but 5 months later there's still nothing.

!! Be careful what you ask for or you may truly get it!

My NS Shopping cart is now over $300 and so far, only 2 of you have chimed in!
They also offer Sezzle as a way to pay. It breaks up your payments into 4 separate payments that happen every two weeks. First payment is made right away and then 3 more payments happen every 2 weeks.

Nurture is my favorite vendor. I don't have a lot of time right now, but can come back later to add more - don't pull the trigger on your cart yet!! Off the top of my head FOs I really love and order over and over are.
Earth Meets Sky
Black Raspberry Vanilla - of the versions I've tried, this is my favorite. I do know that you can get nice BRV scents elsewhere though.
Anarchy
Winter Wonderland
Femme Fatale is my current floral favorite
All Souls Day and Comfort and Joy are both fairly new to me, but I will order more
Avalon

You can't go wrong with Nurture, here are one's I've used:
  1. 8th & Ocean- beautiful sea scent and very strong
  2. All Souls Day- this one is a keeper it moved my batch really quickly when I used a steep water discount.
  3. Awaken- very bright and strong citrus.
  4. Black Rasberry Vanilla- nice to work with scent is soft and pleasant.
  5. Cavalier- This would be great in a shave soap.
  6. Cinnamon Supreme- love this fragrance oil. Very true Cinnamon.
  7. Comfort & Joy- love this one very happy Christmas scent.
  8. Crisp Juniper- a little light and all I really smell is citrus in my bars.
  9. Persephones Kiss- this is a very nice romantic floral. Another strong one.
  10. Pumpkin Party- I'm not sure about this one but I'm not a huge Pumpkin fan.
  11. Rosemary Mint- I didn't really care for this one and it faded completely in my batch.

I forgot about Lavender Sage - it is lovely. Champagne is also good and sticks well. I do like to blend it with a fruity scent like Juicy Apricot, pear or a berry. If you like jasmine, I do like The Grim Reaper.

All of the colorants are good, and you can get a pretty good idea of what they will look like by the pictures on the website. My personal favorites are:
Purple: Cheshire Cat, Jam Session and Berry Twist
Blue: Blue Vibrance, Sky Blue, Midnight Blue, Proud Peacock
Yellow: Lemon Drop, Mimosa
Green: Celadon, Emerald, Vibrance, Hello Spring, Savage Garden
Pink: Love Song, Hollywood Pink (or another bright pink)
Orange: Atomic Orange
Red: My Red Obsession
Gold: Maya Gold
Brown: Mocha Brown
Winter White, Nocturnal

Honestly, all the colorants are good - these are just some of my favorites.
Have fun shopping!

Hi All!
I hope to be going to the Good Ol' USA for American Thanksgiving. (I've been stranded in Canada for over 2 years! - long story, don't ask.) Anyway, I want to put in an order to Nurture Soaps for some Trial By Fire mica, but while I am doing an order, I might as well get other worthwhile stuff from them, no?

Can any of you suggest some Simply-Can't-Live-Without scents or micas you have bought from them?

Thanks in Advance!
LOVE Nurture Soaps. I’m making one of my holiday soaps with Three Wise Men this year. It’s a good musky holiday scent for my friends who are allergic to pine scents.
And personally, I love that they will combine your order if you add something the next day, plus, they have reward points. I wish Brambleberry did..

Is it possible to bookmark a page?
Yes it is. See that little bookmark icon at the top of your post? You'll want to click it on your first post.

1634912669436.png
It's that little ribbon guy second from the right. You then can label it if you want to be organized for the future and then click "save".

Yes it is. See that little bookmark icon at the top of your post? You'll want to click it on your first post.

View attachment 61906 It's that little ribbon guy second from the right. You then can label it if you want to be organized for the future and then click "save".
Ok. I did all of that. Now how do I find it again? (I mean, where do I click to find the bookmarks I've set?)

Like others I don't think you can go wrong with any of the micas. I am currently really liking synergy and savage garden. I also like the Klein blue. There are several colors that are so similar you should probably just purchase a sample first to see what you like. I like all of the Vibrance colors and blending with them gives limitless colors. I may be the only one but I like the bags. I keep them standing up in a shoebox and find them easier to store and pull to use.

I know that most everyone here likes 8th and Ocean and I ordered it to test. It is tropical and beachy, easy to work and sticks and holds well. However, it has more melon scent than I like and hasn't been a super great seller for me, and I expect the melon is the reason.

Latest posts

Back