Must-have butters for B&B?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

narnia

Reaction score
Wow!!! There are sooooo many butters out there!!! I have been learning how to make soap. And until recently, all I knew of were shea and cocoa!!

I am branching out into bath and body products and want to make some body butter for mature skin. AND lotions, and scrubs, etc. AND face creams.

So, for these applications, what butters would give the best skin-rejuvenating results? Thanks for your help in advance!

For me: shea, mango, and cocoa. I haven't used many others - often they are a carrier oil (like avocado or pumpkin) in hydrogenated vegetable oil. For me, I'd rather just adjust my recipe to use a harder butter like shea/mango/cocoa along with the liquid oil.

For B&B, I really like kokum butter. I first ever used it in 2005 to make a body butter for my (now late) mom who was dealing with diabetic ulcers. None of the meds and creams from her doctor or otc were helping, so I thought I had nothing to lose for giving it a try. This is purely anecdotal, but it turns out that my simple kokum butter/meadowfoam seed oil body butter was the only thing that actually provided her with any real help. Whenever she was getting close to running out- she always let me know about it in no uncertain terms. lol

IrishLass :)

I really like kokum best, it makes the best lotion in my experience. Shea is my second favorite.

For B&B, I really like kokum butter. I first ever used it in 2005 to make a body butter for my (now late) mom who was dealing with diabetic ulcers. None of the meds and creams from her doctor or otc were helping, so I thought I had nothing to lose for giving it a try. This is purely anecdotal, but it turns out that my simple kokum butter/meadowfoam seed oil body butter was the only thing that actually provided her with any real help. Whenever she was getting close to running out- she always let me know about it in no uncertain terms. lol

IrishLass :)

That's amazing!! Really motivates me to try it!

How does it work with soap making?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back