Music tag ...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And another from my favorite John Prine. Austin City Limits is having a special for their season premier featuring some of John's best live performances on the show tomorrow night if anyone is interested. They are doing it to commemorate his life on his birthday. I'll be watching for sure.
(and now I'll stop bugging and posting so much! LOL)

John Prine - Lake Marie

When I've lots to do, or have had a little wine with dinner, my brain craves either the BeeGees or Dean Martin. Which is really funny because I've never been a fan of the BeeGees or Dino. I have no BeeGee CDs and exactly one Dino CD, and would never choose to listen to them on a "regular" day. With ONE exception - I just love this song. LOL Oh a simple mind.

When I've lots to do, or have had a little wine with dinner, my brain craves either the BeeGees or Dean Martin. Which is really funny because I've never been a fan of the BeeGees or Dino. I have no BeeGee CDs and exactly one Dino CD, and would never choose to listen to them on a "regular" day. With ONE exception - I just love this song. LOL Oh a simple mind.
So funny - I am the same with a few Barry Manilow songs that are so sugary you need to see the dentist after listening to them. But they bring back memories of some special times.

This song seems appropriate at this time of year. They changed/updated/removed the video I was looking for, or at leaset I can't seem to find the one I was looking for, but the lyrics are the same, and it sounds the same, even if it's not as aesthetically pleasing as the other video was.
And this one line within the song is very appropriate -

"It's been a long hard year"

I absolutely love the songs that the BeeGees did in their pre-disco days. Their Lonely Days happens to be one of my favorites, too. Here are 2 others of theirs that are favorites of mine as well:

and

freedoms just another word for ... nothing left to lose

So, there we were, hubby and I "glamping", and there were folks jamming out into the wee hours of the night in the pavilion just outside our cottage. By the second night we decided we might as well join them for a bit. Hubby played the spoons and I sang a couple of tunes with them. Then, in their drunken stupor (we were sober, btw), they insisted I should solo "Me and Bobby McGee". We quickly made our exit. LOL

Back