Music tag ...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@IrishLass what an amazing gift you are giving yourself by learning to play these beautiful songs.

Next to soaping and cooking, playing the piano is my most favorite thing in the world to do. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to be able to sit at the piano and just have something beautiful come out. It's a dream come true. I always yearned to learn the piano as a child, but our family never had the means to do so. Fast forward to my 30's.......my musician hubby (trumpet) got me started by buying me a digital piano and teaching me to read music, but that's as far as he could take me because he doesn't play piano, so from there I just started learning on my own through books and online tutorials until my musically talented niece got her music degree. She comes over once a week to give me lessons and she's helped take me to the next level and has me playing things I never thought I'd be able to play in a million years. I'm living proof that you're never too old to learn an instrument if you have the passion to want to learn.

IrishLass :)

In honor of the late, GREAT John Prine - man I love(d) his music... And unfortunately will have to get a refund on my tickets. :( Was supposed to go in 2019, but he ended up under the weather, rescheduled for 2020, then C-19 happened and rescheduled to a later date, but he ended up succumbing to C-19. :(

Back