Music tag ...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It’s my fav xmas song that is not an xmas song. I’m a wretched pessimist but that song can make me see the rainbow among the storm clouds.

Except for Christmas songs, I don't like lyrics in my music - never did. So is it any wonder I've worn out many copies of their CD's over the years? And I've seen them in concert many times - they are just a whole different band live - compared to the "perfect" music recorded on a CD.

The quality of the sound is pretty poor - especially on the second one. The musicianship of these guys is out of this world!

Meet Lunasa!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this version of this song. Changes it from a quirky catchy tune to a super romantic one, just by changing the tempo and music, but keeping the same words (ish) -

Sleeping At Last - I'm gonna be (500 miles)

Original - The Proclaimers - I'm gonna be (500 miles)

Listening to my son's stash of Anberlin CD's today. Too bad they broke up recently....just when I was discovering them and looking forward to more from them. Three of my favorites:

One of the first songs they ever wrote:

This one tends to bring a sentimental tear to my eye from the lyric, :I want to break every clock, the hands of time could never move again, we could stay in this moment for the rest of our lives"

...and their cover of Depeche Mode's Listen To The Silence. I really like it's punchier sound.

Just discovered this gorgeous tune...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have any of you guys heard Veela? Angelic sweet voice. She sings for dozens of musicians, here's a fairly quiet song that showcases her lovely voice well. Welcome to the Veela Addiction!! bwaaahahaha :cool: Lyrics below, for those who like to follow along, as I do.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lyrics:
In the prairie of a rose
You've got time to wonder
How your heart could never know
Just what you needed
And it's fair, I suppose
For the soul to be excluded
Feel apart and stand alone
Just like you're used to

Hunt me down and bring me closer
Drag me up and stare me down
Find the source of my defences
Lock me in as is

Finally -
Finally, the air is thicker and it lingers here for a second extra
Finally, the air is thicker when it comes
Finally, a sense of bravery escapes the lungs and it dances with me
Finally -

"You've got it easy with the time you waste
Seems you're running from the system or you're saving face
Are you really moving on or are you moving away
You'd better tell us what you've always really wanted to say."

Every minute I've avoided you
I've been closer to the earth and how it heals and soothes
My triggers and my hurt are on the ocean floor
Once you get it, it won't be what you're looking for.

Something feels a little old
Just a little too familiar
Like I've done this all before, or read the story
And it's fair, I suppose,
To dismiss it, obtrusive
Feel apart and not at home
Just like I'm used to.

Finally, the air is thicker and it lingers here for a second extra
Finally, the air is thicker when it comes
Finally, a sense of bravery escapes the lungs and it dances with me
Finally forever blue.

Last edited: