Mr Military Man Takes a Bath

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luviesmom

Reaction score
Not sure where to file this post but my husband took a bath tonight when he came out of the field! Pretty big miracle for me. Always a shower guy. But have been sending my work on bath bombs and my daughters logo to him while being away. He is the logo brain and cleans it up to print.

Tonight, he finally got home, he said I want to try it. I felt like Scooby-Doo , "ruh, Shaggy?" You will lay in a bath? He is never that type of man. You know them.. baths are for sissys.

So he had his bath, came out bragging to girls his shaved head felt smooth. Idk, but they had their special moment. Talking about mommy making bath stuff and brainstorming labels
Life is good!

Great story and nice family bond. I never understood the hangup on men taking baths - look what they are missing! I dated a man once who loved them - it was fun to see the floater :p

Just curious - has he been gone awhile?

Not this time, only a week. But had been gone to maldova for awhile a few months ago. Always training, going away for a couple weeks at a time. So, understand why he isn't into baths. Very lucky we have hot water at home. Girls were going nuts! Daddy is in our bath tub! Whacha doing Daddy? Does it feel good? Do you want a bath toy? Dory? Nemo? A pony? Poor guy. I had to 86 them so he could have a soak.

Last edited:
The only time my husband takes a bath is when he comes back from the field as well. He wants to soak in a hot tub full of "Muscle Rescue" bath salts and drink a cold beer. Might have something to do with him trying to keep up with men 30 years younger then him. lol
My 20 year old son on the other hand takes a bath with a bath bomb every night.

I am a shower girl also. I started doing bombs for my girls.I can't sit still long enough for a bath. Plus, I feel like you are laying in your own slop. I may be anal but after a bath, give girls a shower because of hair length. Guess I not the best bath bomb spokesperson .:(

Our son came home from Japan two days ago. He is a proud Marine. He looked at my bath bombs with a ? Then he saw Twinkle twinkle in water. Watched it make color in water. Can you do that for men? Make grenade? Make it smell more manly?

Love them, always my inspiration! Ooh-Rah!

20170101_182034.jpg

20170124_191148-1.jpg

After a long day skiing or a long and soreness producing hike, there is nothing like a soak in hot bath. Well unless it's a long soak in an actual hot tub. But we can't all be so lucky as to have a hot tub. (I don't have one and don't really want one.) But I learned that I can defer and eliminate the muscle pain that goes along with strenuous activity if I just do a nice long soak in hot water, preferably with a really nice soothing bath additive! Strangely, it's really hard to convince my husband that he might at least give it a try once in awhile after a long hike.

Well I enjoy both kinds. Showers are quick and the drops feel like a massage every now and then, but I do like to take baths every once in a while to relax. It's a shame that because of my height I have yet to truly relax and enjoy soaking in a bathtub :mrgreen: (I'm 5"11)

Plus, I feel like you are laying in your own slop. I may be anal but after a bath, give girls a shower because of hair length

I have read that that is the best.

I once put the research into shower vs bath and there is obviously a divide. The conclusion I've best been able to find is a bath is good because you can submerge yourself and keep your body at an even temperature but then you have the issue of soaking in dirt (but you can soak the dirt off your back/places you might not be blue to reach otherwise). A shower is best to wash away the diet but then you have temperature fluctuations based on the size of your shower head and the possibility of "missing a spot."

When I take the time for a bath I plan to shower after. It's easier to wash my hair and I can wash the oils/colors from my bath additives out of the tub.

I am not - well, was not - a bath person ... Until I tried a bubble bar and a jacuzzi tub. So amazing! The bubble scoop keeps my skin from feeling all dried out and the jacuzzi tub eases so many of my aches. I was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and have early onset menopause (I'm 39). In the last 3 years I have broken my hip, and every finger (some of them twice). My pain level most days is around 6, but after an hour in the tub I can spend several days at 1 or 2 pain level. I still shower as normal - baths are therapy not for cleaning! Lol.

Back