Mr Blobby - help me out with a name?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my 'stabbed with a spatula' soap that some of you may recall (@Zing?) I've photographed it up to look a bit more tie-dyed, even though you all know that it is a failed swirl. The general public don't know it is a fail, so I'm going to push the tie-dye theme to make it more appealing. The fragrance is Peach, Magnolia, Raspberry (which doesn't exactly smell like any of those things) and some Palmarosa EO. The fragrance description is: A succulent blend of Lemon, Grapefruit, Peach Nectar, Raspberry, Pink Tulip, Soft Jasmine, Magnolia, Wild Honeysuckle, and Sheer Musk. In layperson's terms I would say it's a light, fruity floral musk.
What shall I call it?
AD5C6A4D-D596-4DE0-AD50-6BEF6983D440_1_201_a.jpeg
CBBA0B22-C30D-4C84-827D-ACFDDF97E8CC_1_201_a.jpeg

Here's my 'stabbed with a spatula' soap that some of you may recall (@Zing?) I've photographed it up to look a bit more tie-dyed, even though you all know that it is a failed swirl. The general public don't know it is a fail, so I'm going to push the tie-dye theme to make it more appealing. The fragrance is Peach, Magnolia, Raspberry (which doesn't exactly smell like any of those things) and some Palmarosa EO. The fragrance description is: A succulent blend of Lemon, Grapefruit, Peach Nectar, Raspberry, Pink Tulip, Soft Jasmine, Magnolia, Wild Honeysuckle, and Sheer Musk. In layperson's terms I would say it's a light, fruity floral musk.
What shall I call it?View attachment 61047View attachment 61048
I’m terrible at names, but that’s beautiful soap!

Call it “20% Off!”. Customers won't be shy to use it up, and instead let the prime pieces of art which they bought from you along with these (to save on shipping cost) catch dust in the artistry cabinet.

Should someone notice that they actually aren't cheaper at all, tell them that it was you who saved 20% on swirling effort 😜.

(I'd better go to bed now.)

What shall I call it?View attachment 61047View attachment 61048

Reminds me of Wonka Sweetarts!

1632181801983.png

I've been dying for an opportunity to say this... You are a real hoot! View attachment 61051

... that scent is a tough one to "mind-smell"... hmmm 🤔
Floral Musk?
Sweet Dreams?
Scentual? {Sic}
Sweet Dreams is quite nice - but I was hoping for something worth a more tie-dye or hippie vibe?
Peace and Love?

Wow, which scent did you not put in?
I also like Summer of Love. How about Peace, Love, & Understanding? Or Soap for Dirty Deadheads (do you get that reference all the way down there?), or Woodstock or Hey! What's That Sound? or Give Peace a Chance or Peace, man or Where Have All the Flowers Gone? I also like SweeTarts!

Wowsa! What an array of possible names! Yes, @Zing I, and only I in New Zealand understand the reference to deadheads but only because I spent some time living in the USA. The Cherry Garcia flavour of Ben and Jerry's ice cream would be a pun that went by unnoticed were it available in NZ. I really loved that flavour.
I like short names (because I handwrite them on the labels) so I'm thinking maybe one of these - let's put it to the vote!
1) Summer of Love
2) Woodstock
3) Groovy, baby!
4) Free Love
5) Far out!

I was hoping for something worth a more tie-dye or hippie vibe?
SHORT STORY
I have a daughter who goes by the name of "Ramblin' Rose 69" (the year of Woodstock). She is my flower child, a Hippie at heart. She makes & wears tie dye. In her early 20's, RR69 crewed on a sailing ship in the Carribbean that catered to families. The Gucci family were the guests on one of the cruises. Yes, THAT Gucci. Shortly thereafter, a letter from Italy arrived, addressed to my daughter. It was from Mrs. Gucci. She asked Sarah to make a tie-dye jean jacket for her like the one she wore on the cruise.

Having lived through that age, that soap doesn't particularly suggest Tie Dye or Woodstock, or anything Hippie to me but, since you chose Palmarosa EO to mix with the FO, maybe name it Ramblin' Rose?

ETA: For a Hippie/Woodstock look, check out @Basil 's soaps, 2nd & 3rd from the left, on this thread. That's what I'm talkin' about. ;)

Last edited:
I'm with @Zany_in_CO: save genuine Hippie allusions to intentionally flower-power-y soaps. I bet you can do a lot better when you aim for it deliberately. Foremost with the fragrance.

Nothing against all the suggestions, FWIW there are some very suitable among them, but don't waste them when the association they're evoking doesn't match the reality of this soap too well.

I'm with @Zany_in_CO: save genuine Hippie allusions to intentionally flower-power-y soaps. I bet you can do a lot better when you aim for it deliberately. Foremost with the fragrance.

Nothing against all the suggestions, FWIW there are some very suitable among them, but don't waste them when the association they're evoking doesn't match the reality of this soap too well.
Better than Mr Blobby though

Back