MP and Salt Bar Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaccart789

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am making baby favors that are sea creature theme. I have made some cp soap to resemble ocean water and then I put whales and dolphins that are mp on top. Pics included...
My question is can I make salt bars with same technique? I would make them with salt in silicone cavities then top them with my whales, dolphins, crabs etc. 3rd pic is salt bar that I would make but use mp whale or dolphin on top. I am asking because I don't want to waste all the material if the mp reacts to the salt/soap batter. I don't feel like taking the chance as my time is running out to make the order. I have decide which is best method. Thanks in advance!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1425141376.099845.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1425141395.338074.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1425141476.668868.jpg

Last edited:
I tried adding salt to M & P and it wept like a baby!
Yea, that's a bad idea.

But I don't see any reason you couldn't embed MP critters on top of salt soap batter in cavity molds. The only issue that I can think of is that because oh the high coconut oil, salt bars saponify hot and fast - though the reaction would be cooler in cavities than in a loaf. If you do do a loaf, be ready to cut in 4-8 hours.

Thanks so much for your answers and thoughts! It looks like it worked. I did as you suggested Cmzaha and let it firm up and Seawolfe I used cavity molds. Now I just have to figure out how to get them out.

I will post pics tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back