Movie to add to your queues... or just run out and rent!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjulesdid

Reaction score
PS I love you...
I didn't want to see if because I didn't like the title, but I'm so glad I did
If you love a good tear jerker, then you have to see this movie, it's sad, and funny and sweet....
I cried like a baby through the entire thing..... Then I watched it a second time and yup, cried like a baby again! This is not the sort of role we're used to seeing hillary swank in and wow she was great in it. (i'm not usually a fan)

Awesome - I thought it looked good on the preview.

I fell asleep during the last two movies I went to. Not because they were bad either. It's even worse at home on my own comfy couch. I need to get up some Sat morn and watch movies when I can stay awake. :shock:

The last movie I saw was Iron Man and it was awesome! I love Robert Downey Jr. and he is yummy in this movie!

pepperi, I really like robert downy jr as well. In my opinion, he was the best of all of of the young actors from the 80s. I absolutely loved him in both less than zero and chaplan. What a shame that so much of his younger years were wasted due to his raging drug addiction. It's been great these last few years to see him working more. I predict if he stays clean and chooses his roles wisely, he'll wind up with an oscar within the next 5 years.

Missjulesdid said:
PS I love you...
I didn't want to see if because I didn't like the title, but I'm so glad I did
If you love a good tear jerker, then you have to see this movie, it's sad, and funny and sweet....
I cried like a baby through the entire thing..... Then I watched it a second time and yup, cried like a baby again! This is not the sort of role we're used to seeing hillary swank in and wow she was great in it. (i'm not usually a fan)

lol I read this as chick flick??? ;) willing to give anything a try though :)

Ian, It's a MAJOR chick flick. Overly romantic, sticky sweet, unrealistic, tear jerker... It's not clever, socially important, witty or exciting.. it's just a plain old sappy, sad, sweet movie with the obligatory gratuitous man-bum. That's why I loved it (not for the man-bum, but for all the other stuff I said).. It does not try to pretend to be anything else!

lol :) Just as long as I know beforehand...might be a good movie to get the lady and I to watch together...she likes that kind of stuff sometimes (though shes not overwhelmingly sappy)..

:lol: 8)

Missjulesdid said:
pepperi, I really like robert downy jr as well. In my opinion, he was the best of all of of the young actors from the 80s. I absolutely loved him in both less than zero and chaplan. What a shame that so much of his younger years were wasted due to his raging drug addiction. It's been great these last few years to see him working more. I predict if he stays clean and chooses his roles wisely, he'll wind up with an oscar within the next 5 years.

That is true! He was also very funny in A scanner darkly! He plays a cartoonish character hooked on drugs. Go figure!

THAT movie was NUTS!...I went to it a little 'out there' lol and I didnt comprehend what was going on at all lol, had to see it again, but nope...still kind of crazy! It was a nuts movie...

that part was funny with him in the bed and the dude reading him his sins lol...

MKissjulesdid---I watched PS I love you on the weekend, while my husband was having a night out with the guys.

I cried like a baby too! Probably the most I have ever cried at a movie in my life. Loved it, but said I can't watch any time soon...unless I need a good cry, because I was just sobbing!!! Might be pregnancy hormones...

yeah ian that part was like being on acid trip! Not that I know what that is....never wanted to either!

yeahhh that stuff is toooo scary for me, I have friends that were into that chemical stuff..I never got into it...to scary for me...im no innocent but that crap was toooo out there for me to try lol...although I studied it in psych alot, psychobiological aspects of drugs...pretty interesting but not for me lol...

Back