Mother's Day quotes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
I am looking up quotes to get me in the modd & inspire my scent choices for my gift sets. I am hoping to find 3 quotes I can pair w/ 3 scents, maybe a floral,a garden/herbal & a sweet or fruit.

Here are a few I like, add to the list w/ your favs.

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~Ambrose Bierce

Thou art thy mother's glass, and she in thee
Calls back the lovely April of her prime.
~William Shakespeare

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? ~Milton Berle

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray

Every beetle is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother. ~Moorish Proverb

One of the very few reasons I had any respect for my mother when I was thirteen was because she would reach into the sink with her bare hands - bare hands - and pick up that lethal gunk and drop it into the garbage. To top that, I saw her reach into the wet garbage bag and fish around in there looking for a lost teaspoon. Bare hands - a kind of mad courage. ~Robert Fulghum

"There is no velvet so soft as a mother's lap
no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that
imprinted with her footsteps."
Archibald Thompson

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
Theodore M. Hesburgh

James Fenton
The lullaby is the spell whereby the mother attempts to transform herself back from an ogre to a saint.

There never was a child so lovely but his mother wasn't glad to get him asleep."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

When God thought of mother, He must have laughed with satisfaction, and framed it quickly ? so rich, so deep, so divine, so full of soul, power, and beauty, was the conception."
Henry Ward Beecher

That goes hand in hand w/ my quote "Your brother's head is not a bong!"

hhahahahaha...

I like one thats part of a song...

Warrior King...
"Oh mama, your love is so true, never want to see you get sad or blue oh mama...your love is so true, even though I gave you trouble you came to my rescue...mama your love i will recommend to nurture and guide your grandchildren, mama to me, your more than a friend you taught me true beauty lays within...mama your one of a kindddd...your always on my minndddd... mama your one of a kindd...and you are so divine...[repeat chorus]"

I love the 2pac song too...Dear mama...
here are some of my fav lines...
"
You are appreciated.....when i was young me and my mama had beef 17 years old kicked out on the streets, though back at the time i never thought id see your face aint a woman alive that can take my mommas place...I finally understand for a woman it aint easy tryin to raise a man...you always were committed, a poor single mother on welfare tell me how you did it...

lady dont you know we love you, sweet lady...place no one above you sweet ladyyy....."

other one...from a book..

"I love you forever I like you for always, as long as Im living my mother youll be"

I know that ones a good book!! I used to read it with my mother allllll the time :) brings back such good memories :)

I can't read it. I read it once while standing in a book store. I can't read it again. I certainly couldn't read it outloud.

Latest posts

Back