Most natural (and cheapest) MP base

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lane

Reaction score
I reeeaaallllllly want to get back into MP. I plan on selling it in my online store and my main selling points are earth friendly, natural, blah blah blah. I LOVE MP but want to make a product that will fit right in with my CP soaps.

Any suggestions?

Hi! I think MP soaps are fun and honestly - you can get so much more creative with them.

The SFIC bases are the best and most natural. They are the closest to CP soap you will AFAIK.

Peak carries them - but I know several others do too. They are close to me so I order from them. Their ingredient list for their Goat's Milk base is the following:

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerine (kosher, of vegetable origin), Goat's Milk, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan Oleate (emulsifier), Soybean Protein (conditioner) and Titanium Dioxide (mineral whitener).

Hopefully others can chime in with a list of other suppliers. I think it's been talked about on the board before.

Have fun!

Peak carries SFIC from what I've been told. Those are SFIC ingredients.

If you don't add anything to it, yes. However, a 1 lb TOG mold holds 1.5 lbs of M&P ;)

NameThatCandy said:
I have a very silly question.

Does 1lb MP base make 1lb soap??

It actually will make just a hair _less_ than 1lb, as a small amount will remain in whatever you melt in and pour from.

Mine makes a pound + a hair more because of the FO when I don't add anything. I make sure I scrape the sides of the pour pot.

Latest posts

Back