Most adorable drawing ever!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lane

Reaction score
I sent my family a bunch cute animal glycerin soaps, and as a thank you, my Brother in Law drew this cute picture of "What your soaps do when you aren't looking..."

Soapguyscopy.jpg

I'm an artist myself, colored pencil, technical pens, pastels, etc. The drawing appears to me electronically generated, not from classical artist materials. I'll look silly when you tell me he did it with pen and ink. :)\

The vertical gradient clued me in. The highlights compounded it.

Or I just could be stoopid. :)

That's what I meant, drawn on the computer, and not by classical methods of pen, ink, etc.

It would be interesting if you could ask him what program he's using, then tell us. I tried CORELdraw, got fairly good at it, but I wanted to be closer to the basics, so I switched to using classical art techniques, colored pencil, pen and ink, pastels, paper, all the stuff we've had for decades or hundreds of years.

I don't mean to imply one is better than the other. It's a matter of personal taste.

Cool beans. I have wondered what was going on when I am not watching. :lol: :lol:

I like it ! :) ( I dont know why i didnt say that the first time i saw it! lol)

He let me know in detail how he did it...

"Yes, I DID draw the picture with traditional materials. It was first drawn in 2H grade pencil and then gone over with a BH grade. After that I scanned the picture and then traced over it in Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 with a Graphire 4 WACOM tablet. After the stylized color tracing was done I just colored it and added the gradient background."

So he is even cooler...and TOOOOO smart :wink:

Back