Mortar and Pestle Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagebrush

Reaction score
I haven't made any soap in a few weeks due to laziness, being on vacation, and getting caught up in new research about soap ingredients and recipes instead of actually making it :) But I finally got around to making a batch last night. This is the third time I've made this particular recipe. It has ground sage, ground patchouli, sage EO, clove EO, French green clay, and honey. The first picture is right after I poured it, and second picture is from this morning.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396638728.935909.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396638742.962624.jpg

Thanks, guys! :) Someone that I worked with a couple years ago came up with the name, actually. I pulled him into my soap-naming brainstorming conundrum and he drew from his video game/fantasy/role-playing games experience. With the ground herbs and earthy aroma, it was a perfect name :)

Pretty soap, I like the natural color!

That's an interesting looking mold. What is it made of?

Thanks, Nikkor! The mold is just plastic. It's a slab tray mold. I started out soaping with these and have formulated all my recipes to fit them, so I haven't switched to loaf molds yet :)

Thanks, guys! BabyPickles, it has a very earthy, almost masculine smell to it that men and women both like. It's one of my more popular bars. I wish we could smell things through the internet...it would make this forum way more awesome :)

Latest posts

Back