"Morph Happens" Photos

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's the result of my white, natural, blue and teal "ocean" soap. The swirl would have looked nothing like water anyway, and I still don't know how teal becomes purple. I'll label this one "another lucky save." I'd actually be quite pleased with it IF this had been what I was attempting to do.

image.jpg

Last edited:
You lucked out, its very pretty. I like the purple, bet you couldn't get that color again if you tried.

Oh goodness, don't take micas off your list! They are so useful and you can get amazing colors with them. Oxides and naturals are wonderful too but why not fill up your tool box?

I'm sure we all can make recommendations for CP stable micas so you aren't color-limited.

YOur soap does look nice but I understand what you mean about not what you wanted.

You are absolutely right, and I don't ever intend to try. Mica is off my list, or at least I'll be more careful to read the labels to see how they react in CP.

I don't know man. You've gotten two nice looking soaps recently off of "mistakes". Might want to just formulate a process off of doing it. :p Call it your mystery line of soaps.

That one turned out nice. Great looking swirls.

I don't know man. You've gotten two nice looking soaps recently off of "mistakes". Might want to just formulate a process off of doing it. :p Call it your mystery line of soaps.

That one turned out nice. Great looking swirls.

I will admit to more than my share of luck lately. I'm wanting to try out the black walnut powder I bought at the natural grocery, but am not particularly inspired by the thought of brown. My recent coffee soap came out great, but the grounds are a bit grainy to use for bath soap.

Thanks all. I'll take 'em, but not my best effort. In all honesty, I'm more ok with the teal-turned-purple than the white/natural layers. They just look sloppy. The lard formula has been interesting...nice and slow from trace to mold...plenty of time to work with it, but firms up enough to cut within about 12 hours.

Very beautiful mistake you have there! Haha...

Im curious, the thing above your soaps... Is that part of your mold? Would you be willing to post a picture of it? I am curious!

(newbie over here...) ha

Very beautiful mistake you have there! Haha...

Im curious, the thing above your soaps... Is that part of your mold? Would you be willing to post a picture of it? I am curious!

(newbie over here...) ha

Sure. This is my "ACME" homemade wire soap cutter. Wooden box, eye screws and picture hanging wire, all from Lowe's. My loaf mold is 13" x 3.5". The cutter is about 15" x 4" and cuts 12 accurate 1" bars. Cost almost nothing. Works great. Only down side is that the wires need a lot of tightening and tend to break requiring frequent replacement. I've been advised to get fishing lead wire but haven't gotten around to it. I LOVE the quick, straight, even cuts it provides. They makes it worth the time it takes to adjust and maintain it.

image.jpg

Sure. This is my "ACME" homemade wire soap cutter. Wooden box, eye screws and picture hanging wire, all from Lowe's. My loaf mold is 13" x 3.5". The cutter is about 15" x 4" and cuts 12 accurate 1" bars. Cost almost nothing. Works great. Only down side is that the wires need a lot of tightening and tend to break requiring frequent replacement. I've been advised to get fishing lead wire but haven't gotten around to it. I LOVE the quick, straight, even cuts it provides. They makes it worth the time it takes to adjust and maintain it.

Thanks for sharing!! :)

If you don't mind me asking, how do you keep it cutting straight down? From the picture you posted, it doesn't appear to be mounted to anything

If you don't mind me asking, how do you keep it cutting straight down? From the picture you posted, it doesn't appear to be mounted to anything

That's a great question. It isn't mounted to anything, and I feared that would e a problem, but I guess because it is built as a square, it just levels itself. I just make sure to apply even pressure to both side as I push down. It gives me really even bars.

Latest posts

Back