Moroccan Mint?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
BB has their Moroccan Mint on web special, and I'm tempted to buy. However, I normally use peppermint and spearmint EOs so I'm wondering if I'll be disappointed. I really am a fan of clean mint scents.

Anyone here use both this FO and real mint EOs, and if so, think the FO is worth bothering with? It's pretty cheap: $5.86 for 3.5 oz or $10.21 for 7.

I'm also probably going to get Turkish Mocha since it's on sale too. Not sure why I'm violating my rule of buying another discoloring FO. Oh wait - do rules apply to soaping?? ($8.32 for 3.5 oz)

Last question: how long do their web specials usually last? Wondering if I can give you guys a day to respond and expect they'll still be on sale tomorrow. Or hmmm, maybe I should wait to see what Black Friday brings?

I am pretty certain they change their web sales month by month and it changes on or close to the 1st of each month.

I have their Moroccan Mint and it seems smoother and more mellow than straight up mints. Doesn't hit the nose are sharply.

I have their Turkish Mocha as well. By all accounts, it's extremely well liked. For some reason, I always catch just a slight fake scent in every coffee or coffee-ish scent I've ever smelled in soap. The Turkish Mocha is good overall and their Espresso is probably the best coffee scent I've come across, although it cures out with a hint of nuttiness. Some of the coffee FO's are really dreadful.

Last year, their Black Friday Special was a discount off gift certificates, if I recall correctly. 10% off.

Last edited:
I have Moroccan Mint - unsoaped. It's a pleasant scent, a bit generic. A couple people who've smelled it oob never guessed it was mint. I was going to mix with real mint to freshen it up.

I think if you're used to spearmint & peppermint EOs you might be disappointed with the Moroccan Mint. I'm kinda meh about it but love a spearmint/eucalyptus EO combo in soap because it reminds me of doublemint chewing gum.

I recently got a sample of Nurture's Dr Peppermint FO (Lush dupe) and it's a pretty nice spearmint/peppermint combo with notes of black pepper which give it some depth. It wasn't really enough for a CP batch so I made shampoo bars with it.

Not that it helps you as far as the BB sale but I was also eyeing the Turkish Mocha . . . might have to reconsider after newbie's review and just go for the BB Espresso which is really yummy.

ETA: If you are considering BB's surplus FOs, check out the Hot Apple Pie. It got some thumbs down for CP but my experience is that it sticks pretty well, doesn't discolor much at all and doesn't accelerate too much with a slow-moving recipe. That one was worth the money to me.

Last edited:
I like the Moroccan Mint. It's definitely not as sharp as spearmint and peppermint EO's but it's a great blender. I also like that I don't get that tingling, burning sensation in the nether regions that too much peppermint can cause.:eek:

Why is my cart growing instead of shrinking? Not a good trend, especially with 12 days to go :Kitten Love: You guys better keep advising til my head gets straight.

The TM reviews suggested it morphs toward chocolate. I wonder if a blend with MM would give something similar to a Snuggler. Man I love those drinks!

Latest posts

Back