More WSP woes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerelife

Reaction score
I still order from WSP (although not nearly as often or much as I have in the past) when they have items on sale that I use on a regular basis or things I'm curious about, but no longer for anything that I need in a hurry. Like if I'm down to my last couple of pounds of whatever and they have it on sale, I'll take advantage of the good price and not really care if it takes a month to arrive.My last order took 10 days to ship, which was an improvement over the 18 days it took for my last order, so that was quite an improvement.
BUT...for this smallish order of 8 items - 3 items were damaged and 1 was missing! The lanolin had leaked out of the container making a huge, sticky mess of everything in the box. Two FOs were packed together in a bubble wrap bag which saved them from the lanolin but they both leaked out of the bottles - let me tell you; Old Spice and Lavender Basil do NOT blend well together!! I can't even tell which one is which since the writing on the labels is completely gone and both bottles have a hideous reek even after washing them off. The Vit E apparently took a dip on the option to travel in this disaster of a box since it was nowhere to be found.
I emailed WSP yesterday (with pics) but haven't heard back from them yet.

I would call them. When I had an issue, I tried emailing first. Days went by with no response. I called and after spending a long time on hold in an endless loop of music and message (voice mail box was full), I did eventually speak with someone. My email was answered a week later. I do hope they can get things straightened out.

It's so disheartening to realize that they don't seem to care anymore. I know there are supply chain issues all over the country in every conceivable industry and it's hard to even find good employees nowadays. My issue is that there seems to be a lack of accountability or a lack of communication on their end. It is not that hard to answer an email with a nice explanation of what is going on. It at least shows you that they know people are unhapy and that they are trying to remedy the situation. It sucks because they really are the go to for hobbyists. I wanted to order some PKO Flakes and I checked Soapers Choice and they had a great price for 8lbs of PKO Flakes. I did the math and based on my recipe, that 8lbs of PKO Flakes would last me almost 50 batches of my 8 bar mold recipe. I went to WSP and just bought 2lbs of PKO flakes knowing full well it was going to take a month to get to me.

It's so disheartening to realize that they don't seem to care anymore. I know there are supply chain issues all over the country in every conceivable industry and it's hard to even find good employees nowadays. My issue is that there seems to be a lack of accountability or a lack of communication on their end. It is not that hard to answer an email with a nice explanation of what is going on. It at least shows you that they know people are unhapy and that they are trying to remedy the situation. It sucks because they really are the go to for hobbyists. I wanted to order some PKO Flakes and I checked Soapers Choice and they had a great price for 8lbs of PKO Flakes. I did the math and based on my recipe, that 8lbs of PKO Flakes would last me almost 50 batches of my 8 bar mold recipe. I went to WSP and just bought 2lbs of PKO flakes knowing full well it was going to take a month to get to me.
I do feel bad for their CSRs because you know with what's been happening, they are dealing with this all day. I am very nice when I call, but they are still short with me, and I know it's probably because they are tired of hearing these issues over and over again too. It is their job, of course, but when your company won't or can't do anything to fix the problems top down, it can be frustrating I'm sure for the people stuck in the middle.

It's like when people get mad at the gate attendant at the airport for the plane being delayed...they have no control over it, but they have to weather the abuse.

Back