More lather in body wash

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdjb

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.
I’m new to the forum, and am looking to make body wash with a little shea butter added. Most of the recipes I’ve found have comments about lack of lather. I know lather is just for looks and has nothing to do with cleansing ability, but it looks and feels nice lol. What can I add to make it lather nicely?
Thanks!

The lathering really depends on you surfactant. How much you are using and what kind you are using. Gentle surfantant may not lather as much as a body wash formulated with SLeS, not that I have problem with the latter.
You can also use a foam bottle. It will create more foam than hand rubbing can produce.

Are you talking about making liquid soap or syndet type body wash? Liquid soap will not have as much lather as you see in commercial body wash. Syndet body wash would take some research to make (I've not done it).

Most of the recipes I’ve found have comments about lack of lather.
Hi mdjb and Welcome!
I've been making lye-based hard bars and liquid soap since 2004. I really can't answer your question or help you in any way without knowing how much experience you have in soap making. Unlike cooking, you can't simply follow a recipe to make soap and expect to have excellent results. There's a lot more to learn and we're here for you! My advice is to go to the Introduction Forum and tell us a little about yourself and your soapy journey. Then we can go from there. Here's a link:

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/forums/the-introduction-forum

Back