More interesting soap cutting?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halibaal

Reaction score
I don’t understand why all i’ve been able to find is straight or crinkled soap cutters, if it’s just a bent blade why aren’t there other shape or pattern options? Has anyone found anything to cut a loaf of soap with that will apply a different textured surface??

i don't think you will find anything much in the way of cutting soap different other than what is already there which is the two you made mention of and wire cutters to add to that list . in manipulating the surface of your soap for getting other textures there is the cavity (image) mold itself , bubble wrap and cake fondant mats as well as custom items the individual may create for his / her self .

One can also use cookie cutter type implements to create embellishments for soap. There are a lot of creative soapmakers who have made some gorgeous designs with cut-outs. Cut-outs can be done with thin CP soap and with soap dough. When the CP soap is still soft enough, it's easiest to cut. Soap dough is meant to stay soft and pliable for rolling and manipulating like clay, so cutting with cutters is easy while still in the clay-like state.

Embellishments such as I described can be used as embeds or as surface additions to soap. Many fine soapers do this, although it is intricate work and takes time and dedication to produce even one bar of soap with this technique.

Latest posts

Back