More Beer Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpinKaren

Reaction score
Here is my version of beer soap. I wanted a nice hard, smooth bar, and that is what I got!

The scent is really interesting, hard to explain. Definitely pleasant; seems to have some notes of chocolate and spearmint with a nice, strong, hoppy body.

The texture of this soap is awesome!

I've attached a picture and a recipe for anyone who is interested.

-Karen

• 8 oz coconut oil
• 10 oz palm oil
• 8 oz shea butter
• 6 oz olive oil
• 4.5 oz lye
• 10.5 oz cooked Obsidian Stout Beer
• ½ tspn allspice

JumpinKaren said:
I've attached a picture and a recipe for anyone who is interested.

Well......YES.........we LOVE pictures!!!!!!! But it is not coming up for me. :( I get a log in page. I wanna see the soap.

Thank you for sharing the recipe. That was very kind of you. :D

Digit

It didn't work for me either.I checked my settings,had to uncheck a few parental controls! LOL!!!!! Refreshhhh...

Beautiful pictures,love the molds you chose

Great job :)

Munky.

Ok, those are down-right outrageous! I love the molds.

I'm inspired now, going to give in and try it out this weekend.

Good luck! I did hot process for this and the texture of this soap is better than anything I've made - hot or cold process.

Oh, and watch out, it traces quickly! I might even hand stir. With my weak little attachment I use for mixing, it took about 3 minutes (normally I'm stirring for 30 minutes!) It also saponified quickly once in the crockpot and had to be stirred down a couple times due to some volcano action. So watch for that!

-Karen

Oh yeah, nice pics.....that is what we like. :lol:

They look fab-o-liscious!! I must try this beer soap. They seem to have a gloss. Is this inherent to beer soap?

Digit

great job!! so did you buff them to get them all shiny ??! great job! hows that obsidian stout taste too?? never tried it? :)

Nope, did not buff the soap. :D

It was fresh out of the mold, and the pam that I sprayed into the mold is responsible for the gloss.

Oh, and obsidian stout is a great beer. That's why I picked it!

Do you all think the color is alright? Any advice for how to get a more visually appealing color? Add some brown colorant, or maybe white?

-Karen

Back