Mooncake Bath Bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m making moon cake bath bombs and cursing @TashaBird for posting her incredible painted bath bombs. I ended up checking out a Facebook page on bath bombs and discovered her posts over there, too. So I’ve spent the last two days looking at recipes and videos and bath bomb molds and presses and airbrush systems. 😜 NO!!! I do NOT need to be making more bath bombs just because they could make beautiful rainbow fizzy‘s in the tub. I don’t need to know how to make them float instead of sink. I don’t need to learn how to make spinning bath bombs, especially since I didn’t know it was a thing to begin with.

I’m supposed to be making Crown Soap. I will resist making fancy bath bombs and using an airbrush to spray mica on the designs. Moon cake bath bombs should be good enough for now, right?

Honestly, @TashaBird, Your soaps and bath bombs are all absolutely amazing!

My Mooncake BBs.
DD9DFDDB-3373-4CE0-9920-D08CA77ED2DD.jpeg

I’m making moon cake bath bombs and cursing @TashaBird for posting her incredible painted bath bombs. I ended up checking out a Facebook page on bath bombs and discovered her posts over there, too. So I’ve spent the last two days looking at recipes and videos and bath bomb molds and presses and airbrush systems. 😜 NO!!! I do NOT need to be making more bath bombs just because they could make beautiful rainbow fizzy‘s in the tub. I don’t need to know how to make them float instead of sink. I don’t need to learn how to make spinning bath bombs, especially since I didn’t know it was a thing to begin with.

I’m supposed to be making Crown Soap. I will resist making fancy bath bombs and using an airbrush to spray mica on the designs. Moon cake bath bombs should be good enough for now, right?

Honestly, @TashaBird, Your soaps and bath bombs are all absolutely amazing!

My Mooncake BBs.
View attachment 65114
Awww! But maybe ya do? You’re so sweet. I’ve missed you guys. Been busy and stuff.

Awww! But maybe ya do? You’re so sweet. I’ve missed you guys. Been busy and stuff.
Missed you, too! In this forum, the people who post messages are the product, the reason we keep coming back day after day. I’m missing Owl and @earlene. BTW, I sent a pic of your spray design bath bomb to a friend.

I’m set to make colored embeds using a mini Ice cube mold. Turns out I had powdered dyes left over from years ago in my soap room. I thought I would try the large Mooncake press with them, but maybe they’d flip? I was also looking at the lotus bath bomb mold on Etsy, so I was thrilled to see the ones you just made! I have friends from India who would appreciate the lotus. Your Lotus mold is different than the ones I saw. Who makes it?

I was concerned that my joke of cursing you for starting me down the bath bomb path might get me in trouble. What I needed was the Snoopy cartoon of him shaking his fist at the Red Baron.

In another thread you mentioned still loving making soap best. With soap, the magic happens with the reactions as we make the soap. With bath bombs, the magic happens in someone else’s bathtub.

I have an air compressor downstairs, so I’m thinking hard about the airbrush. A friend just gifted me an Amazon card. What model airbrush did you choose?

Keep your pictures coming, please, @TashaBird!!!

Latest posts

Back