Moon Cake Bath Goodies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yellow bath bombs, light green and dark blue bubble bars, and salt cakes.

Bath Bomb cropped.jpg

Bubble Bars cropped.jpg

Moon Cake_0518.jpg

Salt Cake cropped.jpg

This is mesmerizing!!! And it must take lots of trial and error to make the details intact out of mold! ;)

Less than you think. The salt cakes are the easiest for me, and I found that grinding my epsom salts finely helped with the detail. The bubble bars are the hardest because the dough is sticky. I've tried 3 times, and each time I have had to replace the impression plate because the dough stuck to it. But dusting the press and dough lightly with baking soda or corn starch makes it easier.

Beautiful, I love my mooncakes molds (around 12 now) so easy to make them, The only problem is , not many people want them, most want the balls shape

Those are absolutely gorgeous. Wish my customers would buy decorative but I just can't sell them. Quick question is the salt one also a bath bomb? Shows what I know about moon presses :)

Thank you Carolyn. The salt cakes are just epsom salts, a little bit of baking soda, a little bit of distilled water and EO/FO. I used a few drops of liquid soap color for them, which I already had from my M&P days. I have found that grinding the salts helps with the pattern definition. The salt cakes, I think, are the easiest and quickest to do.

salt cakes at least mine are with epsom salts so it suppose to be relaxing for tense muscles . Dibbles did a beautiful job :)

Beautiful, I love my mooncakes molds (around 12 now) so easy to make them, The only problem is , not many people want them, most want the balls shape

Thank you Dahila. They are fun. I don't sell, but I guess people want what is familiar. Or that 'too pretty to use' mentality. Maybe during the holidays the pretty ones will sell better.

Dibbles i make them really colourful, like two colours and third are embeds, and put glitter on top they still pick up the balls :) I even got them special cupcake display, The pick is not so sharp but you can still see them. I love them they float and move around, the shape and patterns so pretty

20170603_084453.jpg

Dibbles i make them really colourful, like two colours and third are embeds, and put glitter on top they still pick up the balls :) I even got them special cupcake display, The pick is not so sharp but you can still see them. I love them they float and move around, the shape and patterns so pretty

Very pretty Dahila! If they were the same price for the same weight I'd pick them!

Latest posts

Back