Moon Cake Bath Bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
Not sure if I can post bath bombs here but here we go.

Sep 13th was the Mid-autumn festival here in China this year and my birthday was the day follows. In the spirit of the holiday I made some bath bombs to share with my friends and colleagues.

I used a 50g mooncake press and each dried bath bomb weights about 65-70g. Blue ones were scented with lavender and bergamot, pink was cherry blossom and fresh apple, orange was orange EO, and green was tea tree and eucalyptus EO.
Apparently the green ones are the most popular ;)

I'm still rather new to bath bomb making and trying different recipes. My 2nd batch was a great success, fizz beautifully and rock hard but I hadn't been able to replicate since I forgot to write the recipe down. The only thing I can recall is I used only coconut oil and polysorbate 80 for liquid, no water, alcohol, or witch hazel. This batch fizzed fine when I tested it but not as good.
Anyone had used oil only in bath bomb before? Every time I tried to use just lacohol (95%) it ended reacting in the mold.

Back