Monoi oil differences??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimee

Reaction score
I just love the fragrqance of monoi oil and have bought two quite different examples. They both say they have the official appellation but one is a honey coloured liquid and the other is solid at room temp and looks like dirty snow!
They both smell lovely but slightly different.
Would this fit with any of your experiences?

I have had monoi from 2 sources ...both were a creamy ivory color w/no sediments ...not sure what you mean by a 'dirty snow' appearance ...but mine seemed clear & did not need any straining - I have heard monoi can need straining. As to the liquid sample you have - perhaps it's done in fractionated coconut ??

Thanks eden. What I meant by dirty snow was that it wasn't pure white, it looked 'stained' and th texture wasn't smooth. I don't think it was sediment, it just looked very 'natural' I suppose :wink:
I am going to ask the supplier of the liquid monoi on Monday why it is runny and not solid at room temp, perhaps you are right regarding the fractionated coconut!

I have had it from 3 different suppliers--2 were creamy white and the other was like you stated "dirty snow". Hope you post what your supplier said.

Back